February 20, 2023
"Where it's always a great day to be a Bison!"
A Note from Ms. Marlatt
Even though snow and cold continues to linger, spring is just around the corner. With it comes parent-teacher conferences, Spring Break and CMAS state testing for 3rd-5th Graders.
We continue to ask that you partner with us for great attendance everyday. When your student is at school, he or she gets the opportunity to learn!
We hope you enjoy our This Week at Second Creek video. It always warms my heart to see all the fun and learning happening at out school.
Thank you for sharing your children with us!
Snow Days = Remote Learning Days for the rest of 22-23 School Year
1. Communication from our district - you will receive an email, text and dialer about the closures. Make sure your information is updated in Infinite Campus!
2. Communication from Second Creek - we will also send a dialer, with expectations, schedules and links for your student to participate in remote learning.
3. Communication from your classroom teacher - your classroom teacher will also communicate with you. An email will be sent with information.
If we think the district might call a snow day, we will send Chromebooks home (kindergarten -3rd Grade) just in case. Having the Chromebooks does not mean the following day will be a remote learning day. Please wait for the confirmation from the district.
We will NOT be sending home a power charger for the Chromebooks (for K-3) only. The Chromebooks will be charged and will last for Remote Learning. Please keep an eye on the device and do not allow your student to use the device until learning time in order to preserve power.
Please send all Chromebooks back to school when we are given the okay to return.
Please call us at school if you have any questions.
Meet out Bison Embassadors!
We are so proud of these amazing student leaders and the good work they are doing! We have several Ambassadors who volunteered to do this. Check out a couple of them below!
Glow Dance - Sponsored by PTO
Here are some new details to make the dance fun and a success:
- The event is no longer cash only. Parents can prepay using the QR Code below.
- PTO is asking that any food donations for the dance be brought to their teacher. Teachers will keep donations until PTO members
One School - One Book Month-Long Event
- Ms. Faria, Ms. Janeway and Mr. Jones (all 5th Grade) won the Puppy Love reward. This will take place on Wednesday, 2/22.
- Ms. Buckridge and Ms. Connor won the Search-and Rescue K-9 presentation. This is happening on Friday, 2/24.
- We still have a couple of fun rewards coming: reading with comfort dog Bella and a zoom conference with the author and owner of Hooper.
Hooper has been making the rounds at school as well! A stuffed Hooper gets to spend the day at a different classroom every day. Classrooms are randomly drawn during morning announcements.
It is not too late to join in the fun!
Everything you need is on the link below!
READERS TODAY, LEADERS TOMORROW!
Meet Soul Dog Rescue!
Kindergarten Round Up
Important Dates - all in one place!
2/24 - Never Give Up Parade (digital)
2/25 - All School Dance - Stuart Middle School - 5:30-7:30pm
And coming up in March...
3/02 - Read Across America - a Celebration of Reading!
3/02 - PTO Book Exchange (front of school)
3/02 - 6pm-7pm - 2nd Grade Patriotic Music Program
3/07 - PTO Spirit Night at Wendy's
3/15 and 3/16 - 3:45pm - 7:30pm - Parent-Teacher Connections
3/20 - PTO Spirit Night at Urban Air (more details to come)
3/20-3/24 - Spring Break (no school) - We return on 3/28
If you are a returning family to Second Creek, you know our parking lot is small and needs special care during morning drop off and afternoon pick up. Thank you for contributing to the overall safety of our staff and students!
If you are a new family to Second Creek, please read the information below carefully. Staff (and sometimes Commerce City police) are out during morning drop off and afternoon dismissal to make sure everyone is safe.
Parents, it is very important that we do not park on the bus lane before or after school. Blocking the bus causes delays that go beyond our school.
Here are a few reminders about our drop off and pick up procedures. You know that Commerce City police pops in once in a while and issue tickets to vehicles that are not following our safety rules... so please make sure you are doing what you can do keep our students and staff safe!
- No parked cars in the "no parking zone" - which is by the sidewalk from the beginning of the parking lot all the way to the front doors. This is a fire lane and also a bus lane. There is NO PARKING anytime. Only drop off or pick up. We have noticed many cars parked waiting for the school to open in the morning, blocking the bus and causing lines of cars that go all the way outside the parking lot. Please drop off your student and go - no parking.
- Same rules apply for pick up after school.
- Students can be dropped off at 7:30am for breakfast eaters and 7:35am for non breakfast eaters. We do not have supervision for students who are dropped off before these times.
- Students must be picked up at 3:30pm every day. We do not have staff to supervise students after school.
- Let us know if you need information about our before and after-school program.
- Please only use the handicap parking if you have a handicap license.
- The Staff of the Month parking is for staff only at all times.
- PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF DRIVEWAYS!
We appreciate your cooperation!
A shout out to our sponsors!
The Landing Place Church
The Landin Place Church has donated brand new playground equipment to our student. They have donated our blue safety vests that staff wears. They gave also donated goodies and burritos to feed all of our staff.