The Compass Notes for Families
January 20, 2023
Dates to Know
2023-24 Academic Calendar Approved
**on all early-release days, we will not be able to have cafeteria assistance**
Character Warms the Heart Week - Feb. 13-17
Each February, PCR-3 warms up our character education program with a week devoted to good character. Join in the warmth by participating in our Spirit Week, donating to the Treasure Chest, and celebrating our character trait and leadership students! See flier for details.
Kindergarten Kick Off
Do you have an incoming Kindergartner?
Children who have turned five years of age before August 1, 2023, are eligible for kindergarten for the 2023-24 school year and are invited to our Kindergarten Kickoffs in our elementaries on Thursday, March 30. Families are encouraged to view the attendance area boundary map linked here on the District website, or call the District office at 816-858-5420 for confirmation of attendance area. If you know of a family with a child entering kindergarten, please pass this information along, and if your family has an incoming kindergartner, please complete the following form. We will send you additional information about Kindergarten Kickoff and an enrollment packet.
The two lunch choices will be based on historically popular items. Students will still have the option of ordering a salad if they prefer this as an option.
Lunch Visit Sign-Ups
Parent Feedback from Survey Results
If you have any thoughts/suggestions, please list them below.
Thank you for your partnership and feedback!
Student Showcase/Spring Conferences
Spring parent/teacher conferences are scheduled for February 8. Students will be released 2 hours early on this day. This is a very important time for parents to discuss or see their student's progress, as research has shown that parental involvement is one of the most important factors in a student's success in school.
- Barry School (including Great Beginnings at Barry), Platte City Middle School, and Platte County High School: 2-7 p.m.
- Northland Career Center: 3:30-7 p.m.
- Compass Elementary, Great Beginnings at DEC, Pathfinder Elementary, and Siegrist Elementary: 2:30-7:30 p.m
- When: Your teacher should be sending out a sign-up form for you to select a time that works for you and your student.
- What should I expect: This is a student-led conference. Your student will be leading you, the parent/guardian, through a Lotus document around the school and their classroom. Your student will show you their reading, math, writing, and leadership notebook. You also will have the opportunity to walk through the school to look at the classroom bulletin boards where goals and student work will be displayed. If you want to paint a "Kindness Rock", which will go in the "Kindness Garden", please stop by the cafeteria before leaving!
Other Important Information
Birthday Treats & Celebrations
🏴☠️ Pirates ROCK Character Trait
Pirates R.O.C.K. (Raising Outstanding Character Kids) is a program designed to surround our families with examples of strong character traits through school experiences, at home, and reinforced in their community. Each month our community focuses on a specific character trait and students are recognized for exhibiting these traits: Self Confidence, Pride, Responsibility, Citizenship, Compassion, Individuality, Self Control, Integrity, Perseverance, Respect, Honesty, and Cooperation.
BINGO IS ONLY 1 WEEK AWAY!! Don’t forget to purchase your tickets in advance to save some money and a line at the door!!! raffle baskets•pizza•prizes
Send ticket money to school with your child or
Venmo the PTA (@Compass-PTA) “bingo registration”
$5 per person for prepay
$8 at the door!
PTA Book Fair
Book Fair is 2 weeks away- February 1-10th. Save the Date - Family Night at the Book Fair is February 8th. Set up your EWallet now, using the link below
PTA Skate Night
Watch D.O.G.S Pictures
Previous Important Information from Previous Newsletters
Career Fair May 2023
Our innovation team is working on putting together a Career Fair sometime after MAP testing in 2023.
We would love to get feedback from parents who might be interested in participating. Thank you!!
- The Father Daughter Dance date is February 4th and here is the sign-up link: https://forms.gle/87tn1o4cKsfyQr6B8
The deadline for payments on this one is February 1st, then the rest are taken at the door of event.
Click here to reference previous newsletters sent to our Compass families.