Ridgeview STEM Junior High School
April 23, 2021
REMAINING TESTING DATES FOR IN-PERSON STUDENTS:
Tuesday, April 27-Science 8-Part 1
Wednesday, April 28-Science 8- Part 2
This includes Science 8 students and JH Integrated Science
REMAINING TESTING DATES FOR VLA STUDENTS:
Tuesday, April 27 -Science 8 and Integrated Science
- Part 1 -90 minutes
- Part 2 -90 minutes
Wednesday, April 28 -Science 8 and Integrated Science -
ONLY STUDENTS WITH EXTENDED TIME WHO STILL NEED TO COMPLETE SCIENCE TEST
- Part 1 -90 minutes
- Part 2 -90 minutes
From Mrs. Richardson
PROPER PROTOCOL IF YOUR STUDENT FEELS ILL AT SCHOOL
- Student informs teacher he/she does not feel well.
- Teacher calls the clinic to ensure the staff is available to see the student.
- Student goes to clinic and gets checked out.
- If necessary, the clinic staff calls home to have student picked up.
- Parent comes to main door with cell phone (to complete virtual sign-out form) and driver's license.
- Clinic staff escorts student out to parent and provides follow up information.
IF YOUR STUDENT EMAILS, TEXTS, OR USES A SMART WATCH TO CONTACT YOU ASKING TO BE PICKED UP, PLEASE REMIND THEM OF THIS PROTOCOL. We need to follow this procedure to ensure all safety measures from the Health Department are being followed.
- Just a reminder that students need to bring water with them as we no longer have extra bottles in the office. The vending machines are also available to purchase water from $1.25. Please tell students that they can re-use their bottles even if it is supposed to be disposable.
Have you wanted to help out in the schools? Would you like to join the Ridgeview family? We are currently looking to fill 2 duty aide positions at Ridgeview. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, monitoring students during lunch, assisting in locating students and running items to classrooms as needed. These are part time positions, where the hours could potentially fall between 9:45-2:15 depending on availability. If you are interested, please click the link and apply today! https://www.applitrack.com/pickerington/onlineapp/default.aspx
What's Going on in P.A.W. Time?
INFO FOR 2021-2022 VIRTUAL LEARNING ACADEMY
PLSD has finalized our plans for the Virtual Learning Academy for the 2021-2022 school year.
All of the information can be found on the new PLSD Virtual Learning Academy website:
Major Points of Interest:
Official Registration for the VLA will be from April 26th - May 9, 2021. Registration will happen in the Parent Portal of Infinite Campus.
Issue #1 of The Virtual Direction (the VLA newsletter) is now available.
Courses offered are available on the site.
If you have any questions about the PLSD VLA please email email@example.com
Spring Ticket Guidelines
In anticipation of extracurricular activities for the remainder of the year and the limitation on the number of tickets we can sell at both indoor and outdoor facilities, we are continuing the ticket plan that was established in the fall. The plan for the rest of the 2020-21 school year can be found at: https://www.pickerington.k12.oh.us/news/spring-ticket-guidelines/
SEE LETTER BELOW ABOUT SPRING WRESTLING OPEN MATS
Technology Support Hours for April
With most students returning to class full time, Technology Support days will be limited through the month of April. Students returning to class will be able to get technical assistance while at school through their teachers or the Media Canter. We will still have shorter sessions each week for VLA students. Please see below for times and sign up using the link!
Monday, April 5th: 2:00pm to 3:30pm
Thursday,, April 8th: 2:00pm to 3:30pm
Tuesday, April 13th: 2:00pm to 3:30pm
Monday, April 19th: 2:00pm to 3:30pm
Thursday, April 22nd: 2:00pm to 3:30pm
Monday, April 26th: 2:00pm to 3:30pm
Thursday, April 29th: 2:00pm to 3:30pm
Pickerington Schools is on the May 4 Ballot
Watch: Ask PLSD on Facebook, YouTube or our website
You asked - we answered! Our team responds to your questions about the upcoming May 4 ballot issue in our ongoing Ask PLSD video series. You can watch the latest videos on PLSD's Facebook page, on our website, or on the PLSD Communications YouTube channel.
Pickerington residents will decide the future of Pickerington Schools with the May 4 ballot issue. A rapidly growing community is leading to a rapidly growing student body and many of our schools are already at capacity. The ballot issue represents our Plan for Progress and will fund solutions to the District’s facilities needs including:
- the construction of a new junior high school, which would allow for the subsequent redistribution of the student population to alleviate overcrowding.
- reconfiguration of the current Ridgeview Junior High to house elementary school, middle school, and Gateway Academy (gifted) students.
- reconfiguration of Heritage Elementary to house a special needs preschool and the Welcome Center.
- 18-24 classrooms built at both high schools and additional cafeteria space at Pickerington High School Central.
- All buildings would receive some updates to accommodate flexible learning environments.
- Additions or upgrades to current junior high and high school extracurricular spaces.
- New secure entryways would be constructed at both high schools.
If you have a question we haven’t answered yet, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you may see your answer on a future video!
Information about voting is available at: www.VoteOhio.gov. The voter registration deadline is April 5 and early voting begins April 6.
Summer Learning Opportunities Announced
We are excited to be able to share with you the multiple opportunities available to students this summer!
Please visit our Summer Learning Opportunities webpage for a complete list of the summer programming options at each grade level.
With the exception of PE for new credit, participation is free, and transportation will be provided. All sessions are face-to-face.
Registration information will be forthcoming, and all summer programming options are contingent upon available personnel and student enrollment.
PTO is looking for new officers
The PTO is currently looking for new officers for next school year. We have President, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable positions available. If you are interested or know someone who may be coming up from the middle school that is interested, please feel free to contact Jennifer Sander email@example.com for more information.
Odds and Ends
JUST SOME REMINDERS:
- Students should leave airpods/beats or other bluetooth devices such as those at home.
- Students should carry a spare mask in their bag. We have extras if the mask gets soiled as well.
- Students are reminded to turn cell phones off during the day and keep them in a safe place if they need to bring them to school. The district policy for K-8th grade is to have them off during school hours. We appreciate your support in this. If you need to reach your student, please contact the main office and we will have them come down to the office to call you.
- Students should bring a refillable water bottle to school as our water fountain mouth pieces have been turned off. We have bottle filling stations that they may use throughout the day. Students may also purchase a bottle of water through our vending machines for $1.25.
- Please see the bottom of the newsletter for links to: Weekly Classroom Information, Parent Hub, Technology Troubleshooting
Click here to see the Teacher Team Websites, Athletic Website, Parent University and so much more. USE THIS AS A ONE STOP INFORMATION HUB