Week 11 Assignment
another way to create & share (fall 2013)
Resources, resources and more resources for educators!
Write about what you discovered and add links to not less than 10 sites you did not know about and think you could use in the future. Don't forget to add an image and a description of the site along with a link to the site.
The Assignment......What you are going to do
- Create an account for SMORE
- Assume you are creating a flyer for a Professional Development inservice session for the teachers in your school. Your principal assigned you to do a session on Internet Resources for teachers.
- Create a flyer with 10 sites you did not know about that you discovered while digging around the sites listed below.
- Think about what would be useful to your colleagues and share the resources you found in your Smore.
- Now add 3 more resources that you have discovered this semester that did not come from the list below and include them too.
- Find 5 video's you could use in your presentation to you colleagues or classroom that teachers could use and add them to this SMORE flyer.
- And give EDpuzzle a try for one of your videos. and discuss how you think EDpuzzle could be useful. This one will have to be posted as a link in a text box, with a description.
- Don't forget to include short descriptions of each resource.
- Make sure you Smore includes links and images.
- Make it interesting and appealing.
- Then grab the embed code and add to your website as a new post.
- Title the Post: Resources for Teachers (SMORE)
All total, 10 from the sites below, 3 of your own and 5 videos!
Awesome Sites to Explore
Surf the Net with Kids
Welcome to my vision of what's wonderful on the Web. Welcome parents, kids, teens, grandparents, teachers, librarians and the incurably curious. I am a syndicated newspaper columnist, mother, wife and Net surfer supreme (not listed in order of importance, of course).
I have been a computer nerd for nearly forty years, with a B.S. Cum Laude in Information & Computer Science from the University of California, Irvine, 1976. I've been a programmer, computer consultant, newsletter publisher, and shareware author. Since becoming a mom, involving my kids in my love of computers has spurred my interest in children's use of the Internet. My weekly newspaper column Surfing the Net with Kids appears in newspapers across the country.
If you are interested in educational activities for your family or students, this is the place to be. Come join me as we maneuver through the always fascinating, and occasionally spectacular, Internet. Send me your ideas for interesting topics, your site recommendations and stories about your own Internet explorations.
For educators interested in integrating technology into their curriculum , I offer my Surfnetkids Printables Club and my Tech Tips blog. If you are interested in the technical, marketing or business side of online publishing, please visit me at my personal blog. Recent news and press releases can be found over at Feldman Publishing.
Pinterest and Scoop-it
Scoop-it, This is a curation tool. Here is mine.
“iPad & Laptops in schools”
Curated by Cyndi Danner-Kuhn
After you look at mine, type in a topic you are interested in and see if you can find some other Soop-it's, maybe something in your content area, or on a topic you are interested in. Here is a link to all the ones I follow; http://www.scoop.it/#pg=1&mi=posts&si=0&panel=followedPanel&cat=followed&cv=0&cm=o
Build better video lessons, together. Find a video and make it yours.
Crop a video
Find a video and use only what you need. Make it to the point.
Add your voice
Record audio notes or explain a video with your voice.
Add questions at any time during the video and track your students.
Tutorial Video on how to use EDpuzzle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cZuG5kqZXw&list=PL4X05tOinbyEmhtF5j4grdoHpBs21GJJE