SJS Peek at the Week
Week of March 23
E-Learning Days starting Monday 3/16
Teachers in grades PreK-3 sent home E-Learning materials for the week of March 16-20. Teachers in grades 4-8 will be posting assignments via google classroom. Materials were also sent home with these students. All week long the school day will run from 8:00am - 2:00pm. Teachers will be available online during this time. If you or your child has any questions please reach out to your child's teacher. Assignments completed on paper must be returned when school resumes. Assigns completed via google classroom can be submitted immediately. Please download the SJS E-learning pdf below for the e-learning assignments by grade level.
OUR AWESOME STUDENTS LEARNING FROM HOME
Please mark your calendars with the following dates:
*Bingo and all extra-curricular events are cancelled thru March 29*
Monday, March 23, 2020 - Friday, March 27, 2020: No school - Spring Break
The Archdiocese of Chicago will determine when we can resume classes. We will notify you as soon as we know.
Marque sus calendarios con las siguientes fechas:
* El bingo y todos los eventos extracurriculares se cancelan hasta el 29 de marzo *
Lunes 23 de Marzo de 2020 - Viernes 27 de marzo de 2020: No hay clases - Vacaciones de Primavera
El Arquidiócesis de Chicago determinará cuándo podemos reanudar las clases. Le notificaremos tan pronto como lo sepamos.
REMINDER OF MORNING ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL PROCEDURES
Dismissal: Students are dismissed form the gym at 2:20PM. Please park your vehicle in a designated parking space and come into the gym to sign your child out with their teacher.
Box Tops for Education is changing the way we earn cash for our school!
Extended Day Program Procedures (before and after school)
TCS Applications for 20/21 School Year
Some of our parents have already received notifications on awards! Make sure you are checking your email daily.
Please call the office if you need help uploading your documents or if you have any questions.
The BIG SHOULDERS FUND applications opened on Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 8 a.m.
* Visit bigshouldersfund.org to access the reservation form and begin your application.
The Archdiocese of Chicago is closely monitoring the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Please note that all school staff have received the following recommended preventive actions, based on CDC guidance, to help protect your child(ren) and others from this virus and all illnesses:
• Wash your hands regularly with warm or hot soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect surfaces or objects. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work, or school, especially when someone is ill.
• Stay home when you are sick. Stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick. You will help prevent others from catching your illness. When at home, if possible, try to distance yourself from people who are sick.
• Contact your health care provider immediately if anyone in your home experiences any of the following symptoms: severe cough; rapid noisy, painful, or other difficult breathing; and dehydration.
• We ask that you notify our school if anyone in your home has any Coronavirus (COVID-19) or influenza symptoms. COVID-19 related student absences will be excused. We will work with affected students’ families in providing schoolwork and alternate education arrangements (e.g. e-learning) to ensure the continuity of your child’s education to the best of our ability. All principals and teachers are being asked to:
• We are providing plenty of hand sanitizer, cleaning wipes and tissues for the classrooms
click on Create and Account: Password is SJ204
For ordering questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ordering will be open the prior month from the 1st thru the 15th. Orders and changes can be made anytime from the 1st to the 15th.
Technical Support (problems with the website): email email@example.com
THERE WILL BE NO BINGO THIS WEEKEND
Please see Louise upon arrival at 4:00 p.m. for instructions as to what your job will be for the evening. Failure to keep your scheduled Bingo, without prior notification, will result in a $30 fee added to your FACTS account. Please phone Louise if you have a question or concern...
Parents are required to work 2 Bingo's per student.