The Eagle's Nest
Week of September 24, 2023
Happy Fall Eagle Families!
Back to School Night is on Thursday, September 28 from 4:30pm-6:10pm. Each grade level will have three sessions available for parents to attend. This night is designed to focus on curriculum. Please come take flight with us to learn what students are working on in their classes, homework expectations, grading, and to sign up for the first parent conference of the year.
Our teachers are in need of classroom snacks. We request that they be individual snacks that do not require a spoon or contain peanuts or peanut butter. For our late arrivals that missed breakfast we need donations of Frosted Strawberry Pop-tarts or Frosted Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop-tarts (favorite flavors of our Eagles). Drop them off at our donation table at Back-To- School Curriculum Night and pick up a coupon for 10 DOJO Points to use any month during the year.
Students will be taking home interim reports on Thursday, September 28. Interim reports are much like report cards, except the grades they include are NOT final grades. They simply provide parents and students with an idea of how the student is progressing in each content area at mid point. This information allows students to see what they need to work on before the end of the grading period which is October 31. Please take time to discuss your child's interim report with them and help them set goals. Together we can help them SOAR!
We are celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month. Students will be listening to Latin music and learning important facts about the countries of Colombia, Chile, Costa Rica, Honduras, Peru, and Paraguay. Please ask your child what they have learned this week.
This month we focused on "Respect". Students will be nominated by their peers to be the Eagle of the Month. Parents will then be invited to attend a breakfast at Clyde Erwin with their child and see them recognized for this achievement. Invitations will go home early October and our first breakfast will be held on October 13th at 8am in the cafeteria.
We have six important reminders for you this week:
1.Federal cards will go home on Tuesday, September 26th. Please return the federal cards as soon as possible. The first class to turn in all Federal Cards completed correctly will win a pizza party.
2. Thursday, September 28th is Back to School Night from 4:30pm-6:10pm. Please see the boarding pass/flyer with sessions times in the SMORE.
Session 1: 4:30pm-5:00pm
Session 2: 5:05pm-5:35pm
Session 3: 5:40pm-6:10pm
3. Interim Reports go home with students on Thursday, September 28th.
4. Friday, September 29 is our PBIS celebration for all EAGLES earning 100 points.
5. If your student is a car rider you must arrive before the tardy bell at 7:45am. If you arrive after this time, you will be directed to park and walk your child to the door to sign in with Mrs. Berry. Students cannot be left at the back door. If your child arrives to school after the tardy bell, parents must also walk them to the door to sign in. Parents that are not present to sign their student in will be called to come back to the school. Thank you for working with us to keep your child safe.
6. We are in need of business or family sponsors for our Trunk or Treat on October 20th. Use the link below to sign up to help. All sponsors will have a sign on display at Trunk or Treat and all that donate $100 or more will receive 4 wristbands that will allow for entrance into all games. Please use the forms link below to sign up as a sponsor and then go to schoolcashonline.com to pay. You can email your family name or business logo to firstname.lastname@example.org to be used on sign.
September's Character Trait
September 26 BT Meeting
September 28 Interim Reports
September 28 Back to School Night
September 29 PBIS
September 29 EoM Nominations Due
October 2-6 Custodian Appreciation Week
October 4 Staff Meeting
October 4 Walk To School Day
October 6 EoM Breakfast (Respect)
October 9-13 Fire Prevention Week
October 9 Teacher Workday
October 11 Committee Meetings
October 12 Grade Chair
October 16 Earthquake Drill 10:30am
October 18 ERPD Club Day
October 20 Fall Festival
October 20-17 School Book Fair
October 23 Fire Drill @ 1pm
October 23-27 Red Ribbon Day
October 23-27 Leadership Application Week
October 24 BT Meeting
October 25 SLT Meeting
October 26 Book Character Parade
October 27 Leadership Applications Due
October 27 EoM Nominations Due
October 31 End of Grading Period
October 31 PBIS