It's A Jungle in There...
Monthly Happenings in the JGES Media Center
Daily Media Center Schedule
9:15 am- 12:00 pm: Flexible schedule for collaboration/Open check-out
12:00 pm-3:45 pm: Closed for Check-out/Fixed Media Class Schedule for grades K-2
3rd-5th grade teachers: You are welcome to bring your class to the library for a whole group check-out time during flexible hours. Please sign up for a 30 minute block the first time so Ms. Muse can review check-out procedures. You can sign up for this on the Media Center Google Calendar.
LET'S TALK ABOUT... Collaboration!
*3rd, 4th, and 5th grade teachers- This is also the PERFECT time to sign-up to bring your class to the library for a quick whole group check-out!
What can we collaborate on?
ANYTHING! Here a few ideas...
- Introducing students to the Big6 Research Process
- Using the Big6 to conduct research in the media center/classroom
- Creating an end product for a research project/novel study (think Book Trailers, iMovies, presentations, etc.)
- Introducing students to a new author/book series/genre
Who can Ms. Muse collaborate with?
- Flexible hours are available for ALL classes even classes who have a fixed media time.
- These flexible hours are for the use of specialist teachers too!
How can I begin the collaboration process?
- RIGHT NOW! Just follow two easy steps:
- Fill out the Media Collaboration form. This form is located below and on the Media Center website under the collaboration tab. Ideally, please plan to "meet" with Ms. Muse to discuss the lesson you want to collaborate on. This meeting can be face to face or occur "digitally" through e-mail/Google Docs.
- Sign up for a time to come to the media center on the Media Center Google Calendar. This calendar can be found on the below, in your e-mail, and (soon) on the Media Center website.
I'm still unsure of how to get started...
PLEASE come see Ms. Muse at ANYTIME to discuss how collaboration can benefit your classroom and student growth!
Click Below to Access Media Center Calendar
LET'S TALK ABOUT.... MakerSpaces!
Makerspace @ JGES Media Center
Below is a VERY short 1 minute video that answers the question "What is a Makerspace?"
Be on the lookout for more Makerspace information each month!