A 21st Century Librarian
Use Information and Digital Citizenship
- RSS feeds
- Digital Storytelling
- web based portfolios
- iMovie, Windows Moviemaker
- Social Bookmarking
- Collaborative Classroom
- book picks: Litpik, teenreads, goodreads, shelfari
Create video tutorials or have students create them. Up to 5 minute videos-free account.
Create web based flyers. Free alternative to Glogster.
Create your avatar. Type your dialogue, phone it in or record it up to 60 seconds. Free.
Common Core Learning Standards and Library Media Skills
- "to research to build and present knowledge"
- inquiry based skills
- critical thinking skills
- to use and evaluate both print and digital resources
- to use technology to produce and publish writing
- to use technology to collaborate and share ideas and information
Collaboration With The School Community, Teachers and Students
- library is an extension of the classroom
- materials to remediate curriculum
- materials to extend and enrich curriculum
- students engage with technology and digital tools to aid and enrich curriculum
- staff development opportunities based on needs and interests
- place where both students and teachers can keep up with the technological advances and "information explosion"