Flaa's Monday Memo
February 12, 2018
A Quick Note to You!
I Received Another Email About YOU!
It makes for a great day when parents reach out to affirm the great things your staff does. I am forever grateful for the positive words we receive. High School is HARD. Teaching is HARD. Leading is HARD. Learning is HARD. Sanger High School is making tremendous strides in all areas. We are perfecting our crafts, learning better ways to instruct, communicating, sharing our stories, listening, collaborating, and much more. And, we won’t stop. We love what we do and love helping our students find their passion. Remember this...YOU MATTER!
CAPTURING KIDS' HEARTS DIRECTORS WILL BE VISITING OUR CAMPUS ON THURSDAY!
CAPTURING KIDS HEARTS... PRACTICE THE PROCESS
- GREETING - How are you greeting your students?
- GOOD THINGS - Are you promoting a positive, caring atmosphere?
- DISCIPLINE - When redirecting undesirable behaviors stay in the "questioning" mode. Use the 4 questions during private conversations.
- LAUNCH - Are you ending class on a positive note? Challenge yourself to launch 2-3 times per week! Make it a habit...It can be powerful!
Nuts & Bolts
- A Note from Jennifer Mulkey on Evidence of Effectiveness - After more discussion about collecting data to document evidence of effectiveness for students receiving STAAR accommodations, we have made the decision to not require the students to do the same assessment/assignment twice for documentation. Students can complete the work one day with accommodations, then similar work another day without. It can be assessments or daily work. The goal is to collect data to prove that the accommodation is effective and necessary for that student to be successful. Also, please remember that any work done without accommodations should not be part of the students grade.
- YEARBOOK ORDERS - Please help with one last push for yearbook orders. Tell your students to get theirs ordered by February 23rd!
- Baseball vs Gunter @ SHS
- School Board Meeting @ 6pm
- V Girls Basketball vs Carrollton Ranchview @ Lake Dallas, 7pm
- Boys Basketball vs Decatur @ Decatur, 5:30pm
- Softball vs Frisco Lonestar @ SHS, 5:30pm
- Happy Valentine's Day!
- TSI Math - Juniors
- CKH Traction Visit
- TSI - Juniors
- Girls & Boys Powerlifting @ Howe
- Track & Field @ Denton Ryan
- End of 4th Six Weeks Grading Period
- Softball vs Callisburg @ SHS, 5:30pm
- Baseball vs Braswell @ Braswell, 2pm
- Football Banquet @ SHS, 6pm