Jaguar Family Week-At-A-Glance
Jardine Elementary - December 4th, 2023
Principal's Message- Mrs. Pomeroy
Welcome to a new week!
Thank you to all of our families who have donated to the Community Cupboard Drive!!
"Grinch Grams" go on sale this week!! All of the information is below!
Here is a list of important dates to know:
- December 6: 4th Grade Music Program @ 6:00, 5th Grade Music Program @ 7:00
- December 8 & 9: Drama Club Production of "The Lion King"!
- December 13: PTO Meeting @ 5:30- BREAD FUNDRAISER PICK UP!!
- December 14: End of PAWS Session 2
- December 15: Last Day of School before Winter Break
- December 18 - January 3: Winter Break- NO SCHOOL
- January 4: School Resumes
- January 9: Skating Party @ 5:30-7:30
- January 15: MLK- No School
As always, please reach out if you have any questions!!
Always Jardine Proud!
Mrs. Pomeroy, Principal
District Holiday Card Contest Winner!!
We have district winner of the Christmas Card Contest! Congratulations to 5th Grader, Daniela , from Mr. Meyer's classroom! This will be one of the holiday cards that is used by district staff and Board of Education members this holiday season! An additional congratulations to our amazing art teacher Ms. Lee, for always providing great instruction and opportunities to our scholars!!
Lego Robotic Competition Winners!
Exciting news! Jardine competed in the Lego Robotics competition, grabbing 1st AND 2nd place this morning! All of our 2nd/3rd grade teams won different awards on their presentations including: Core Values, Challenge Solution, and Posters. Incredible teamwork, dedication, and creativity made it all possible. Huge thanks to everyone involved and to all who supported us along the way! #LegoRobotics #TeamWorkMakesTheDreamWork #JardineProud
2nd Place Team Members- Geraldine, Guillermo, Paige and Ta’Nyla
1st Place Team Members - Revan, Enzo, AJ and Abena
The Lion King Kids- Tickets on Sale Now!
The Jardine Elementary Drama Club is proud to present Disney's The Lion King Kids, tickets are available for purchase. There will be physical tickets handed out, please just have your confirmation email ready to present at the door. Parking and entry will be on the west side of the school. Doors will open at 7:00. There will be pop and water available for purchase.
Because of Winn Dixie- Class Winners
Congratulations to Ms. Mayes and Mr. Meyer's classes for winning the popcorn and movie party from our Facebook Competition!! Thank you to everyone who participated!!
PAWS Quarter 3 Sign Up
Quarter 3 of PAWS is from January 16 - March 7. No PAWS on February 20th due to parent/teacher conferences. Please remember to fill out the form for each scholar that you want to have participate in PAWS. This is a first come, first serve basis and scholars need to be signed up each quarter. We will announce if/when PAWS is going on a waitlist.
Staff Shout Outs!!
Please fill out the link below and tell us who has an impact on your family and why! Every late start Friday, we will share these with staff to give them that recognition and boost that they deserve!!
Here are the Shout Out's from last week!
"Here Comes the Bus" App Information
Here Comes the Bus ®
Now available to parents of (Topeka Public Schools) students
- View the real-time location of your child's bus
- Access the app from your smartphone, tablet or computer
- Receive push notifications or email alerts
- Send your child to the bus stop at just the right time, every time
How to get started:
1. Download the Here Comes the Bus app* or visit herecomesthebus.com
2. Sign Up by going to the Here Comes the Bus website. https://login.herecomesthebus.com/SignUpConfirm.aspx
3. Enter school code 29036 and click "Next" followed by "Confirm"
4. Complete the "User Profile" box
5. Under "My Students," click "Add." Enter your child's last name and student ID number
6. Once you confirm your information, you're ready to begin using Here Comes the Bus!
*Available at the App Store and Google Play
Here Comes the Bus® is a registered trademark of Synovia Solutions™ LLC
For more information please visit: https://www.topekapublicschools.net/Domain/444
Parents: You can find your student's ID numbers in your Parent Vue account under "student information" (where you registered)
2023-24 District Calendar
KanCare renewals are coming. Visit https://kancare.ks.gov/ and Click the red chat bubble in the lower right of your screen or call 1-800-792-4884 and provide your updated address, phone number and other important information to avoid disruption in medical coverage. Doing this will help the KanCare Clearinghouse contact you when your renewal is due and may help you avoid a gap in coverage.
ALL Medicaid patients will have to renew by their renewal date! You may renew early to avoid coverage loss!
Jardine Elementary STEAM Signature School
Location: 2600 SW 33rd Street