Ms. Sizemore's Class News
May 16, 2016
- Tuesday, May 17: Field Trip to Pack Library @ 12:45
- Thursday, May 19: Isaac Dickson: An Enduring Legacy (TAPAS Performance) @ 5:30
- Wednesday, May 25 and Thursday, May 26: EOG Testing
- Friday, May 27: Spring Dance (6:00-Sundown)
- Monday, May 30: Memorial Day (No school for students)
- Thursday, June 2: K-4 Field Day (12:05-2:30)
- Friday, June 3: Poetry Cafe (1:30)
- Monday, June 6: End-of-Year Potluck and Celebration (5:00-6:30)
- Tuesday, June 7: Third-grade Tailgate Market (1:30-4:30)
- Wednesday, June 8: Last Day of School (Early Dismissal)
Field Day is Thursday, June 2
Here is the schedule for the day:
- 8:35-10:10 Kindergarten, Moore, and Evans
- 10:15-12:00 Royer, Garner, and all 2nd grade
- 12:05 -2:30 3rd and 4th grades
WHAT STUDENTS NEED TO KNOW:
- Wear comfortable clothing, including tennis shoes. Please NO sandals or flip flops. For safety reasons, students who do not have appropriate footwear will not be permitted to do some events.
- Sunscreen is recommended and hats are optional.
- Bring a towel and a change of clothes because there will be water events. Also, make sure you have a bag for your wet things.
- You may want to bring a water bottle.
- Please make sure everything has your name on it.
- Parents are invited to come to join in the fun, but be prepared to get wet.
- Lunch will not change for us.
Isaac Dickson: An Enduring Legacy
Students will put on an improvisational performance about the life of Isaac Dickson. A performance for third-grade families and friends is Thursday, May 19 @ 5:30 on the patio outside the cafeteria. Please bring blankets and chairs because the audience will be seated in the grass. We will begin promptly at 5:30, and since our class is the very first scene, students need to try to get here by 5:15. If you are unable to come on Thursday evening, there will be two daytime performances for fourth and fifth grade. You are welcome to join us!
- Thursday, May 19: 1:00 to 2:00
- Friday, May 20: 9:50 to 10:50
End of Year Celebrations
Through the survey, we were able to find a time that works for almost everyone, so here is a compromise. Most people said they were able to attend a potluck the evening of Monday, June 6. We will have our final Poetry Cafe on Friday, June 3 at 1:30. If you have not been able to come throughout the year, you may want to join us for the final one. We will have a Potluck Monday, June 6 at 5:00. We will share a meal, have some encore performances of poetry and honor each of the students as they prepare to leave our beautiful classroom community. I hope everyone can come to one or both of these events.
Third grade will be running a Tailgate Market June 7 from 1:30 to 4:30. We will send home flyers for you to share with family and friends. Here is a sign-up genius to get more information and sign up to volunteer for this fun project. Also, if you have any resources or ideas of you own, please share them with us.
Next week, students will be participating in the North Carolina End-of-Grade Tests in reading and math. The math test will be Wednesday and the reading test will be Thursday. Kids should get plenty of sleep, eat breakfast and wear comfortable clothes. We have spent little time talking about the test, mainly because we have been so busy. The kids are used to eating lunch at 11:00 and this will get pushed back about an hour. The plan is for students to eat breakfast before school and then enjoy and "snack" before the test. I would like to offer the kids muffins or bagels, juice, fruit and yogurt parfaits. It is a nice way to start the day. If you can send in one of the following items on Wednesday or Thursday, please let me know.
- muffins for 21 students
- bagels for 21 students (half a bagel per student)
- 1-2 containers of cream cheese
- 1-2 quarts of vanilla yogurt
- orange juice
- sliced strawberries
- blueberries (washed)
Save the Date(s)
Moving into our new school is going to be such an exciting experience. We find it will be a good time to celebrate our school community- past, present and future. With this in mind, we will be holding school-wide and community events Friday, September 9th and Saturday, September 10th. Be sure to save the dates and look for more information to come!