CTA Goodman Friday News
Friday, September 2, 2022
Wishing you a great Labor Day weekend – Stay Safe Gators
Fun Facts about Labor Day
Gators Showing Greatness- Word of the Month "Be Responsible"
Responsibility means you do the things you are supposed to do.
What is responsibility? We have a few different ways that we talk about responsibility. There’s being responsible, taking responsibility, acting responsibly, and having responsibilities. In simple words, responsibility is about doing the things we are supposed to do and accepting the positive or negative outcomes of our actions.
Tuesday, 9/6 - Lunch with Students
Friday, 9/9 - 3rd Grade Flag Ceremony, 8:00 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.
Monday, 9/26-28 - 6th Grade Science Camp
Wednesday, 9/28 - Family Food Night at MOD Pizza
Lunch with Students
Starting Tuesday, September 6th, parents will be able to join their student for lunch.
Important Reminders for having lunch with your student:
- Sign in and out in the office.
- Please remember to bring your ID.
- If someone other than parent is coming to have lunch with your student, please notify the office ahead of time.
- Meet your student at the picnic tables.
- Parents are NOT allowed to go to the playground to pick up their student.
- We will radio for your student to meet you at the picnic tables when the class is heading into the cafeteria.
- Eat lunch with only your student.
- Students will not be able to invite friends to join them, even if it's a special occasion.
- Parents will need to bring their own food, as you will not be able to purchase a school lunch.
- Student will head back to class at end of normal lunch time.
- Kindergarten - 10:50 a.m. - 11:10 a.m.
- First Grade - 11:05 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.
- Second Grade - 11:40 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Third Grade - 11:15 a.m. - 11:35 a.m.
- Fourth Grade - 11:55 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
- Fifth Grade - 12:05 p.m. - 12:25 p.m.
- Sixth Grade - 11:30 a.m. - 11:50 a.m.
Counselor Corner - Mrs. Shunk
KIDS EXPRESS FALL CAMP REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Looking for Fall Break care for your K-6th graders October 3rd-17th?
Fall Camp is Dino-Mite! At Kids Express Fall Break Camp, campers will participate in fun-filled days to include art, cooking, STEAM, active play, sports, games, computers, and more! Camp will also include on-site and off-site field trips.
Knox Gifted Academy
700 W. Orchid Lane
Chandler, AZ 85225
Haley Elementary School
3401 S. Layton Lakes Boulevard
Chandler, AZ 85286
Basha Elementary School
3535 S. Basha Road
Chandler, AZ 85248
Monday, October 17th ONLY
Hancock Elementary School
2425 S. Pleasant Drive
Chandler, AZ 85286
Register for Kids Express Fall Camp or call 480-224-3900 with any questions.
Congratulations to Our Golden Spatula Winners
First Grade - Magallanes
Second Grade - Jensen
Third Grade - Hughes
Fourth Grade - Taylor
Fifth Grade - Arns
Sixth Grade - Rawlings
Gators Showing Greatness Drawing Winners
Zachary M., Chester R., Devyn B., Noah M., and Ava M.
Chandler Police Department Helping Keep CTA Goodman Community Safe
Annual Emergency and Health Update
To complete the update, please log into your Parent Portal, click More, then click on Annual Update and New Student Registration. Click on 22-23 Emergency and Health Update.
Chandler CARE Center Thanksgiving and Toy Distribution
Please see attached flyer for details.
Chandler CARE Center Resources
ASU 38th Annual Martin Luther King, Jr Student Contest
Now accepting entries for the 2023 Student Contest. Open to all grades K-12. Winning entries receive a prize, and will be invited to participate in the 38th Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration at Arizona State University with their family and teacher.
Entry deadline October 3, 2022.
Student entry forms available online:
Contest information and prior year winners available at