Sawyers's Tot Spot Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Katie's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Le Andra's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Kelsey's Email: Kelsey@ilovethetotspot.com
Teacher's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
Special Events and Birthdays!!
November 6th- Jeremiah's Birthday
November 6th- Terrance's Birthday
Goodbye Autumn, we'll see you next time :)
November 14th-15th - Picture Day
November 27th-29th - Closed for Thanksgiving
December 6th - Ornaments with Grandparents
December 24th-26th - Closed for Holiday Break
December 31st- January 1st - Closed for New Years
Upcoming Zoophonics Friends
Week of November 4th - Olive Octopus week
Week of November 11th - Review week for U-C-O
Week of November 18th- Queenie Quail week
Week of November 25th- PJ party week!
New to our school? Check out links at the end of the newsletter to learn the sounds and Zoophonics song.
PTO and Vacations
Who do you contact concerning vacation credit? Please email Mr. Mike at email@example.com
Ornaments with grandparents... what is it??
In the Classroom!
You are welcome to replace swim wear with warmer clothes for the fall and be sure to send a jacket daily or have a spare in your kiddos cubby. It's Indiana weather so I'm sure it will be 85 degrees one day and 65 the next.
This month will be full of fun for the Sawyer's class. We are going to continue working hard on our writing and letter recognition skills. We are going to be using lots of different things to paint with and using things like Styrofoam cups and egg cartons to make our letter friends. We've been having lots of fun with What's in the box, Show and Share and Taste Tuesday. We will also be using cars and ramps to test speed and making mud out of cocoa powder.
Remember to bring rain boots or shoes that can get muddy and to keep our backpacks stocked with extra weather appropriate clothes.
- Remind Me App: It's a free app that we're using to for simple reminders like show and share, friend of the week, physical due dates, etc. Our class code is 26kh9g
Operation Tot Spot Gives Back!
We are teaming up with Scholastic and participating in a pajama drive. We are collecting until December 5th.
The boxes will be in all the classrooms for the pj's to go in. The class with the most pajamas donated per child will win a cool prize for their class! Adult sizes will be worth 2 points!
Who are the pajamas and books helping?
The pajamas and books are helping at-risk children (ages 0–18) throughout the country. Often homeless, in foster care, or in poverty, their unstable, uncertain lives make them uniquely vulnerable as bedtime approaches. Each night, millions of children in this country have no bed to call their own—let alone pajamas to change into or books to escape into—and so they have no concept of a loving bedtime. The treasured ritual of changing into clean pajamas and tucking in with an enchanting bedtime story are unknown; some of these children, in fact, have never heard of pajamas
What pajama sizes are needed the most?
Although Pajama Program accepts new pajamas in all sizes, the most overlooked ones are generally children’s sizes 8 to adult 3XL. It is often the bigger, older children who are left out.
What kinds of pajamas should I collect?
New pajamas only.
Pajamas should be a complete set—a top and bottom, or an appropriate nightgown.
Pajamas for all seasons, but especially warm, cozy ones to help the children on our list during the long, cold months at this time of year.
Find some spooky good deals with Scholastic! The Scholastic flyers will go out October 8th and are due back on October 17th. Our online code is HQ686
National Taco Day - October 4th
The Book Nook
The Parent's Spotlight
- Thank you for all the help with the Halloween parties! Without you, the parties wouldn't have been able to happen! You guys are AWESOME!!
- Thank you for always being willing to donate whenever we ask, we really do appreciate it!
Thank you for your patience with us as we adjusted to being in our new room.
Remember there is a suggestion box in the lobby, and we love to hear about ideas to enhance the learning environment for your children.
Would you like to donate?
We could use:
- Empty Egg Cartons
- Stress/Squishy Balls
- Is there ever a time when you say to yourself, " I wonder if The Tot Spot would want this"? We could use it in so many ways. Everything can turn into a sensory activity or learning experience. So, before you throw out your junk, ask your teacher if it could be used
The Teacher's Spotlight
Which Disney charter would you be and would you trade places with them?
- Ms. Mikayla: My favorite princess is Belle but my favorite character is Jim Hawkins from Treasure Planet
- Ms. Crystal: Powerline, no my life is a show everyday
- Ms. Rachel: My favorite is probably Belle, and I would definitely trade places with her if I could have her library!
- Ms. Kit: W'Kabi from Black Panther and Carol Danvers from Captain Marvel but I wouldn't trade places with either of them.
- Ms. Katie: Tinkerbell! I wouldn't trade with her but maybe I'd keep the wings lol
- Ms. Maggie: Dash from the Increadables and yes i would trade with him!
- Ms. Kasche: Miguel from Coco and yes!
- Ms. Kelsey: Belle and I think i'll keep my own prince charming lol
- Ms. Le Andra: Ariel and yes I would LOVE to be her!!
- Ms. Alisha: I dont really like Disney :( I don't count Star Wars and such. If I had to pick.. I would say Belle because she likes to read!
- Mr. Mike: The Hulk! and Yes!