Grant's Return to Learn Plan
From the Desk of Mr. Miller:
As we are preparing for the return of our students, I wanted to continue communicating with you our plans, updates, and expectations. Again, we fully recognize and understand that no singular plan will work for all, but please know we are doing our very best to ensure we meet the needs of our students, along with the request of each of our families. We are working to try and keep schedules and plans as consistent as possible, but will again, ask for grace as changes may need to be made as we move forward.
Once again, here is the schedule for students returning to Grant:
- Monday, September 21: Kindergarten returns and continue all week
- Tuesday, September 22: 1st Grade returns and continues all week
- Wednesday, September 23: 2nd Grade returns and continues all week
- Thursday, September 24: 3rd Grade returns and continues all week
- Friday, September 25: 4th & 5th Grade return
I know there is a lot of information within this newsletter, but I hope that this communication will answer the many questions you may have. As always, please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Thank you for reading,
Principal, Grant Elementary
- Students should attend all live meetings unless it is communicated prior to the teacher
- Complete weekly assignments by midnight on the Sunday of that week
- Students will be considered absent if they do not attend the live lessons and do not notify the teacher prior to the day
- Work will be graded and is expected to be turned in prior to the due date
- Please check with your teacher regarding the expectations around appropriate online behavior
Our online teachers will consist of the following Grant teachers:
- Kindergarten: Mrs. Clifton and Mrs. Peabody will be teacher to both online students and our in-person students
- 1st Grade: Ms. Bordeaux, Mrs. Lamson, Ms. Lewis, and Mr. Block will all teach different subjects to our online families, while also teaching our in-person students
- 2nd Grade: Mr. Noffsinger
- 3rd Grade: Ms. Swoveland
- 4th Grade: TBD as we are very close to adding another teacher to our team
- 5th Grade: Mrs. Graham
Finally, please remember that choosing to be online is a commitment. Shortly before we begin winter break, you will be asked if you would like to continue with online instruction or would prefer to have your students receive in-person instruction at Grant.
- Families will need to perform a health check each day before students arrive. If a student shows any symptoms or has a fever of 100.4 or higher, they are not to come to school.
- Students should arrive to school no later than 7:45 each day.
- Students are expected to bring and wear their own masks.
- School ends at 2:30. Your teacher will be asking you how your students should get home each day (bus, walk, or pick up). Please communicate this information to your teacher.
- Students will be grouped into cohorts. Each student's cohort will consist of their grade level.
- Students will need to bring their charged device to school each day. The device will go home with the student each day.
- Please bring any supplies that were distributed to you, along with any school supplies you may have purchased from the supply list.
- Water bottles are encouraged as this will eliminate the need to use our drinking fountains (which will still be available for use!).
- At this time, only students and staff are allowed in the building. If needed, parent/teacher meetings can take place outside, via WebEx, or on the phone.
- Please know that cohorts, as well as the entire school, could be quarantined at a moments notice with one or more positive COVID test.
In-Person Learning Safety
- All staff and students will be wearing masks.
- All staff will complete a health screener each day upon entry to the building.
- Only students and staff will be allowed into the building, to reduce outside exposure.
- Numerous hand washing breaks will be scheduled throughout the day.
- Students will be kept in cohorts by grade level, and cohorts will be kept separate while at school.
- Our ventilation system has been increased to 150%.
- Students will transition through exterior/outside doors. They should wear comfortable and weather appropriate shoes & clothes!
- When needing to transition inside the building, all students and staff will follow our "traffic patterns" as seen in the above picture.
- Plexiglass barriers have been provided by the district and will be used where needed.
- All high contact areas/bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
- Student supplies/materials will be kept separate from other students.
- Students will sit at desks that are a minimum of 3 feet apart.
- QR codes will be implemented to track adult movement into classrooms each day.
- There will be scheduled bathroom breaks with only 3 students allowed in a bathroom at a time.
- Each teacher has been provided a child-safe liquid sanitizer spray to help clean throughout the day.