Blue Hills News
From the Desk of the Principal - September 17, 2020
Dear Blue Hills Families,
We are so very excited to welcome our SENIORS, the Class of 2021, back to the building tomorrow, September 18, 2020.
Please remember the following:
- If taking the bus, masks must be worn and you must be registered. Sit one to a seat, from the back to the front. Remain on the bus until you are dismissed. Exit from the front to the back.
- If being dropped off, you may not be dropped off before 7:40.
- If driving, please park in the junior or senior lot (regardless of your grade) in a spot that is close to your vocational program.
- When you enter the building, remain 6 feet apart, while wearing masks.
- Proceed directly to your vocational program. Breakfast will be available for all students in the morning in the vocational program.
Each week, I will send out the following week's schedule of in-person learning. For the first couple of weeks, this has also been outlined for you in the "Reopening Procedures" document (link below). I've also included a picture of the schedule for the first eleven days below.
Some important notes:
- Please make sure you review and complete all FamilyID registrations. We are trying to move paperless this year, and need emergency and other information on every student.
- Please review the "Reopening Procedures" document before students return to classes.
- When a student is attending school in-person, please make sure that you are checking and certifying that your student is symptom-free, according to the self-check guidelines.
- Student schedules are available on X2. If you are struggling with logging into X2, please contact Courtney Wall at email@example.com.
- All students should have received login information for Friday (except seniors) directly from their teachers. Google Classroom and GoogleMeet will be primarily used.
- Remember that attendance is required for all remote learning - failure to attend classes during the day will lead to an absence and potentially a zero on schoolwork. If you are having a hard time with technology at home, contact IT@bluehills.org.
Class of 2021 - See you tomorrow!
Opening Days of School: September 18 - October 2 - In-Person Schedule
What remote schedule am I following???
Vocational "Remote" Days - these all look the same! If you are on a vocational week and are remote, simply follow your shop's instructions for the synchronous meeting times (8:30 and 1:30, usually) and work independently or as needed during the day. Failure to attend both synchronous sessions will lead to the student being marked as "absent" and potentially receiving no credit for the day.
Academic "Remote" Days -
- "Blue Days" - Mostly on Mondays and Thursdays. Refer to the released schedule to make sure you have the right day. On these days, you'll meet "live" with periods 1-4. The rest of your day is extra help and independent work.
- "Green Days" - Mostly on Tuesdays and Fridays - Refer to the released schedule to make sure you have the right day. On these days, you'll meet "live" with periods 5-8. The rest of your day is extra help and independent work.
- "Wednesdays" - On Wednesdays, follow the Wednesday schedule! You'll meet with all of your academic classes throughout the day. HINT: We may occassionally use this schedule on other days, like September 18th.
For both vocational and academic "remote" days: Please remember that school runs from 7:48 to 2:20. At any time in this period of time, you can be asked to meet with a teacher, attend a session, or do extra help/support activities. If class begins at 8:30 or 9:00, you may very well have things to do and prepare for prior to the start time. Be diligent in checking your email and google classroom. Getting an education is your "job" right now, and is the best investment you can make at this stage of life!
READ THIS! Changes and updates are in yellow.
Please read and review our expectations for the coming school year.
Both broadcasts contain verbal summaries of the documents above and may help you to understand our reopening procedures better.
Mandatory - Family ID Registration!
All Parents/Guardians and students must complete:
Bus Stop Location (if riding the bus)
Parent-Student Handbook (sign off)
Class of 2024 Orientation Days!
Blue Hills Regional Technical School
Blue Hills Regional Technical School’s mission is to continue its history of academic achievement, technical training and character development through a curriculum which emphasizes the integration of cutting-edge technical programs and challenging academic courses, enabling its students to become competent, caring and productive people in a diverse and changing world.
Students at Blue Hills Regional Technical School have a history of academic achievement, superb technical training, and character development. Through a curriculum which emphasizes the integration of cutting-edge technical programs and challenging academic courses, we enable them to become competent, caring and productive people in a diverse and changing world.