May 21, 2021
Odds and Ends from BES
This last Monday evening we were officially given our Quantum Learning Distinguished School award. I am so proud of the work of all Buffalo staff. Listed below are notes for our last week of school this academic year.
- Kona Ice Visit- On this coming Wednesday, Kona Ice is coming to Berryton in the afternoon. See details below.
- Field Day- Lots of information is listed below for Field Day including a form that families will need to complete if they plan to take students from school early.
- Spirit Day this Wednesday- For this Wednesday we invite Buffalos to join us in their Hawaiian gear.
- Updated Mask Guidelines- The district has received guidance from Shawnee County Health Department that students no longer need masks when outdoors unless it is extremely crowded. Additionally, our students are now able to play with other students from various classes in their grade. They have been so excited this week to visit with friends.
With Buffalo Pride,
Kona Ice Visit- Wednesday, May 26
- Purpose of Kona Visit- All classrooms at BES will visit a Kona Ice truck on Wednesday afternoon. Our 6th graders do a project on creating and planning for a food truck, and so the visit from Kona Ice is part of this project.
- Sending Cash- We ask parents to send cash in an envelope with students name and classroom teacher name. Our teachers collect envelopes and Ms. Tanya safely stores these funds. PTO graciously ensures that all students get a Kona Ice.
- Request from Pre-K, Kinder, 1st, 2nd and 3rd Grade Teachers- We strongly recommend that our youngest Buffalos select the kiddie size ($3.00) as that's a great portion size for these students, and our teachers have reported that students receiving the same size of Kona Ice prevents hurts feelings.
Mrs. Baldwin's Glow Day Fun
Field Day Information.
Restroom Entrances for BES Families on Field Day
Congratulations William Allen White Readers
- Kellan Haverkamp
- Jace Burch
- Eli Kulbiski
- Lucas Underwood
- Kyson Watson
- Adam Bowser
- Adelaide Davis
- Jude Haverkamp
- Karli Mulligan
- Haydyn Wherrell
5/24- 6th Grade Visit to SHMS
5/24- 6th Grade End of Year Celebration at Stous Park
5/26- Kona Ice at Berryton Elementary
5/26- Hawaiian Spirit Day at BES
5/27- Field Day at BES
5/28- Last Day of School
As an elementary principal I enjoy working collaboratively with staff members to support student learning. I am passionate about continuing to learn professionally, and building relationships with staff and students at Berryton Elementary. When I'm not serving at Berryton Elementary I am usually with my husband and two sons. We can be found at sporting events, cheering on Kansas State University, or just enjoying a movie at home.