OCTOBER - 2020
5-9 United Way Week
6 PLCC Step It Up Fundraiser Kickoff
15 No School - Parent Teacher Communication Day
16 No School
27 Picture Retake Day
30 Student and Staff Halloween Parties and Parade
You can link to the calendar at https://calendar.google.com/calendar/r/month?tab=mc .
You can link to the Prairie Lane Website at https://www.westside66.org/prairielane .
We are so excited that even during a pandemic, we will continue our tradition of holding a Halloween Party and parade for our students. However, this will look different than in the past.
- As we follow our "No Visitors" policy during the school day, teachers will be facilitating their classroom parties planned by our awesome room parents, and the parade will be shared virtually.
- We will have a normal school day until 2:30 PM.
- Cookies and drinks will be provided by the district for our parties.
- Costumes should be appropriate for a school setting, not offensive or scary. We have
some very young children in the building and we do not want them to become frightened by
costumes that portray violence, blood and gore. Weapons, real or fake, are not allowed to
be a part of a costume.
- Please, NO Make-Up this year.
- Students should NOT wear their costumes to school. Students should bring their costumes to school in a bag clearly marked with their name on it.
- Our parties will begin at 2:35 followed by the parade. Please join us virtually for the parade. More information to follow!
- Dismissal will be conducted as usual, at the regular time.
THANK YOU FOR MAKING IT A SAFE, RESPECTFUL, and RESPONSIBLE HALLOWEEN!
WESTSIDE COMMUNITY COUNCIL CLOTHING DRIVE
The Westside Community Council is in need of gently used clothing and winter gear items to help stock The Westside Clothing Closet. Contactless drop off will take place at The Westside Resource Center; Pipal Park Community Center (north side of Westgate Elementary) October 9th (9:00am - 11:00am & 4:00pm -6:00pm) and 10th (10:00am-12:00pm).
We are looking for these gently used items, sizes K-12th grade (kids and young adult)
* Gloves, Hats, Scarves
* Fleece jackets
* Winter Clothes
* NEW in package undergarments
* Snow Pants
* Winter Coats
Donated items will be made available through the Westside Community Council to families in our district who are in need of such clothing.
We appreciate your generosity!
The Westside Community Council
Questions; contact Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org
All meals are currently free of charge.
- Alternative choices will be available starting October 5th.
- Please note: There is a charge for EXTRAS, WATERS and 2nd MILKS
- If you'd like your child to eat breakfast at school, we start serving at 8:10 am.
- Next week we will begin our newest fundraiser “Step it Up”. With this fundraiser you will send emails to family and friends across the country to support further support programs and classrooms at Prairie Lane. Your child will have various opportunities to win some awesome prizes! Information will be sent home on October 6th.
- Please make sure to review the schools calendar frequently as we will update any events including meetings on the calendar.
- If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to reach out to Nichole Trovato. President.email@example.com 402-708-3858
The 2020-21 PLCC Board :
President - Nichole Trovoto
Vice President - Megan McCall
Secretary - Angela Shaw
Treasurer - Anna Lehotyak
**Due to COVID-19 PLCC will not host any on campus events sponsored by Prairie Lane or PLCC during the first quarter. Decisions about events after this timeframe will be made several weeks after school begins. All WCS Elementaries will follow these guidelines.
Hello, Prairie Lane families, staff and community members!
We have reached a new exciting milestone at the future home of Prairie Lane Elementary: natural light and new building layouts! Work on the exterior and interior continues at the site of our school.
Crews are now adding finishing touches to the exterior of the building. Aluminum window installation continues, and metal panel installation has started. Crews are also working to complete sidewalks, replace the west parking lot, work on the retention basin, and complete final grading.
Interior work also continues with mechanical, electrical and plumbing work, as well as drywall installation. Finishing work will begin this month with painting, tile and cabinet installation.
We have attached new drone photos taken from the site. Thank you for your ongoing engagement and support!
Westside Community Schools
Have a Safe, Respectful, Responsible!
# BE KIND