May 30, 2019
End of Year Events
Last Pretzel Sale, June 7th
We will be having our final pretzel sale on Friday, June 7th. Pretzels cost $1.00. Money raised will go toward the Phelan-McDermid Syndrome Foundation.
Move Up Day, June 10th
This year students Kindergarten through 5th Grade students will "Move Up" to their TENTATIVE assigned teachers on June 10. That way, when we go home for summer, all students will be familiar with their teacher. (And once school is closed, parents can reference teachers' school supply lists for best summer sales!)
Field Day, June 11th
Parents will need to sign in at the office and receive a visitor’s pass in order to attend this event. Please remember to bring your driver’s license so that we can run it through our School Gate Guardian system. Thank you in advance for your cooperation in keeping our students safe.
Assembly, June 14th
As is past years, we will not be able to accommodate families for our end of the year assembly due to the large number of nominees over the past few months. Nominees will be asked to stand in their spots to be recognized, but we will not read individual names to be recognized at this time.
Dr. Pamela Harrington, CHOP & Doylestown Health, Joins Health Matters to Discuss The Effect of Technology on Children's Health
2019-2029 Student Emergency & Information Forms
Each year, the Central Bucks School District requires our families to fill out a Student Emergency & Information Form. This year the Parent Portal will open on August 5th for parents/guardians to complete the form, which takes approximately 10 minutes to complete.
The online form will ask you to confirm and/or update the following:
- Demographic Information
- Emergency Contacts
- Health Information, including permission for emergency care and analgesic administration
- Media Release Preferences
Before summer break, check to make sure that you have your username and password! If you do not have a Parent Portal account, please follow this link to request one.
If you need help with your Parent Portal account, please contact your child’s school for assistance.
Click here to be directed to your Parent Portal account to complete the Student Emergency & Information Form, beginning August 5th.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to update this important information!
Casual for a Cause
For the month of May, our featured charity was the Phelan-McDermid Syndrome Foundation selected by Mrs. Jayme Kilgore. Mrs. Kilgore selected this organization in honor of her nephew, Logan. We raised $115 for this important foundation plus whatever we raise from next week's pretzel sale!
The 4 to 1
There is a rule of thumb for encouraging positive behavior in schools and at home: give four positive statements of feedback/praise to children for every one thing to improve. (By the way, it is difficult to select only four positives at Warwick Elementary!)
Four Positive Things:
- Our teachers partnered with NOVA to teach advocacy and empower our students to stand up against bullying.
- Students and teachers took advantage of and enjoyed Outdoor Classroom Day.
- Our PTO provided a fun-filled assembly--School Duel Show
- We are working on remaining quiet, listening carefully, and walking during PM announcements. This past Friday, we had 100% success at dismissal! Students and staff were also excellent during our Severe Weather Emergency and Dismissal yesterday. Awesome!
One Thing to Work On: 'Tis the season! With the arrival of warmer weather, sometimes it is challenging for students to keep their focus on learning and good behavior. Instead of slacking off, now it the time to ramp up the learning and positive behavior so that we have an excellent end to an excellent year! Finish strong, Warwick!
To view the entire Warwick calendar for this school year, click here.
As we staff and plan for the next school year, it is important that we have an accurate count of students registered to attend Warwick. Please click above to register your new Kindergartener (or other NEW students) online. Thank you.
Reminders for Classroom Parties & Celebrations
Peanut/Tree Nut Safe Classrooms
CBSD Schools are Latex Free
Before parents and guardians can volunteer, they must have all necessary clearances. Click here so you are ready when volunteer opportunities arise.
Help Support Warwick
You can support Warwick while you shop. It is easy! Here is how...
- Giant A+: Go to https://giantfoodstores.com/ and select SIGN IN or REGISTER. Once Logged in, select MY ACCOUNT, then MANAGE MY ACCOUNT, then REWARDS & SAVINGS. You will need your 11-digit BONUSCARD number and school ID number which is 26483. If you need assistance, cal 1-888-814-4268 option 1.
- Box Tops: Please clip Box Tops and return them to school.
- Amazon Smile: Go to Amazon Smile and use the search feature to find Warwick Elementary PTO in Jamison, PA. When shopping at Amazon, use Amazon Smile to benefit Warwick.
Thank you for your continued support!
Click here to learn more about our amazing PTO and how you can get involved!
- Previous Warwick Weeklies
- Warwick Parent/Guardian Handbook
- Library Newsletters: Check out upcoming events, what books are hot, and what students in each grade are learning in the Warwick Library!
- Having trouble finding that next great book to read. Try the "What Should I Read Next website: https://whatshouldireadnext.com.
- My Payments Plus
- Lunch Menu
- Apply for Free/Reduced Breakfast & Lunch
- Teacher Web Pages
- Parent/Guardian Volunteer Requirements
- PTO: Web Page and Letter from our President
- When to Keep your Student Home from School for Illness
- CBSD Mobile App - Parents and guardians can get a FREE CB App to keep up with all things Warwick and CB.
- Before/Aftercare at Warwick
- Parent Portal - Ongoing student progress reporting and more.
- CB Cares Education Foundation's Backpack Newsflash
- E-Friday Folder
- We Want to Hear from You - An online place to record feedback for us on how we did each week.
Follow us on Twitter
Get Warwick Tweets by following @CBWarwickElem on Twitter. Or you can view our Twitter feed by visiting our Warwick home page.
Follow/Like us on Facebook
New this year, Warwick has its own Facebook Page. We will use this to communicate highlights and upcoming events much like we do using Twitter.
Follow the instructions to download the free CBSD app to stay connected with all of your selected CBSD schools.