Pleasant Street School News
building a community of learners that strive for excellence
April 25, 2016- News Flash!
Please note some important dates for this week
- April 25, school resumes
- April 26, spring pictures
- April 27- district half day, noon dismissal, lunch is served
- April 28, Community meeting at ARMS cafeteria, 4:00-6:00 pm, district turnaround plan priorities.
- April 28, Volunteer training, ARMS cafeteria, 6:00-8:00 pm
- April 28 & April 29- District kindergarten screening, no school for kindergarten
- May 2, PTO meeting, 6:00-7:00 pm, school cafe, all are welcome
- May 6, district preschool screening, by appointment, no school for preschool
Family involvement opportunities -Thursday, April 28th
AN INVITATION FROM ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT MEYER
April 15, 2016
Dear Parents, Guardians, and Community Members,
I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to two opportunities to get involved in the Athol-Royalston Regional School District.
First, as we look forward to moving into the new elementary school next year, we need to amend our turnaround plan for our elementary schools to reflect the new configuration. We will be holding an open meeting on April 28 from 4:00-6:00 in the Athol-Royalston Middle School Cafeteria to reflect on the effectiveness of our current turnaround plan and to identify areas of concern as we look to next year. All are invited to attend this meeting.
Second, on that same night, April 28 from 6:00-8:30 in the Athol-Royalston Middle School Cafeteria, there will be a volunteer training. We can always use volunteers at the elementary level, and we are hoping to add an enrichment block at the middle school for next year which will provide an opportunity for volunteers to work with students. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please refer to the flyer on the back of this letter.
We hope that you will consider participating in one or both of these events. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact my office at (978) 249-2400.
Steven C. Meyer