Week of November 10, 2014
- How molecules act in a solid, liquid, and gas
- How molecules act in relation to one another
- How molecules act under different temperatures
- How molecules act when combined with molecules from another substance
Experimenting with Pennies to Discover Surface Tension
Language Workshop - History Focus
We spent last week discussing women's suffrage by evaluating multiple different articles. In this week long discussion students were able to compare women's rights across time periods in our nation. In addition, they gained an understanding of how women's rights are still limited in various countries throughout the world.
This week I will begin reading aloud the book Out of the Dust to the students. Throughout the duration of this book we will discuss the Great Depression, Dust Bowl, and other topics that are mentioned in the book.
New Math Focus
We worked with LEGOS today in visually representing ratios. Later this week we will work to enlarge images and students will design an action figure of themselves next week while exploring proportional relationships.
Parent Education Resources
Currently there is one folder with information about ratios, rates, and proportions. Unit vocabulary, as is displayed in the classroom, videos, practice problems, and websites for student practice games are all listed.
- iPad art with Mrs. Bataoel
- Peter Pan Practice with Mr. Scott
- Math Challenge with Miss Pollock
- Study Hall with Mrs. Harris
- Chemistry Extension with Mrs. Shivers
Scholastic Book Orders
10/21 - Scholastic Book Order due
10/26 - No School
10/27 - No School
10/28 - No School