Rigor, Relevance & Relationships
Trade Day A
Trade Day A - Online
PLEASE NOTE: Work in the course should NOT be done during your regular work hours.
Rigor, Relevance and Relationships.
How This Will Work
Please note: This work MUST be done outside of your regular work hours. This is not be done during your regular work day.
- Teachers must sign up for the course through the link to MyLearningPlan
- Starting on THURSDAY, March 26, all teachers were enrolled in the course. Teachers should have received an email with information about how to log in. If you did not, please enter your information in the form at the bottom of this page
- Teachers can work at their own pace between Thursday, March 26, and Monday, August 10
- All teachers who complete the course by August 10 will receive credit for Trade Day A and will not have to work on Tuesday, August 18
- Those teachers who do not complete the course by August 10 will spend the day in the office on Tuesday, August 18 and must complete the course at that time. Note - these teachers will be required to be in the office the entire day, regardless of how long it takes them to complete the course
What to Expect
- The course is housed in the Canvas LMS. The first module of the course is "Getting to Know Canvas"
- The course has 4 additional modules, with a 6th module where you will submit your project
- The course is designed to have direct application to you, your professional experience, and your classrooms
- The course will take you approximately 8 hours to complete
- You will receive 8 Act 48 credit hours upon successful completion of the course
Frequently Asked Questions
Some assignments have points associated with them. You will be given feedback on your work. You will receive completion grades on individual assignments. However, you will not receive a letter grade.
Who developed this course?
Erin Keefe and KC Testerman wrote this course and will be evaluating the responses in the course. They will happily answer your questions about the content of the course.
Why can't I see assignments beyond where I am in the course?
This course is set up so that you have to complete the assignments in order. Once you complete the requirements of a lesson, the next lesson opens. Once you complete a module, the next module opens.
What does it mean that the course is in Canvas?
We are currently running a small pilot of courses in Canvas. There is a small group of students in an English elective in Canvas, and then there is this professional development course.
Have more questions? Submit them below!
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS WITHOUT NAMES WILL BE DELETED AND WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.