The Mountain Biome
By : Drew Chamberlain
1 Con: Mouse and Mountain Goat
2 Con: Coyote and Owl
3 Con: Puma and Wolf
Some of the aspects of the Mountain biome
Some of the plants are:
Some of the Animals are:
Some features of the Mountain Biome are:
- Alpine Phacelic
- A common use for the Alpine Phacelic's are used for bordering their gardens.
- Bear Grass
- The Bear Grass is used to weave baskets.
- You will know when it is ready because the leaves will turn white.
- Bristlecone Pine
- Because the Bristlecone Pine lives to be so old, by law they are protected.
- Moss Campion
- The Moss Campion the not have any uses because it only grows to be 5-15 centimeters tall.
- Pygmy Bitterroot
- These plants are purchased for nurseries as a rick garden plant.
- Mountain Goat
- Mountain Goats help the mountain biome from their waste.
- They are also close to the endangered species from hunting.
- Chickaree's are quite fearless of humans.
- The Chickaree is a type of squirrell
- Mostly Game hunted for meat and fur.
- They can walk up walls.
- Snowshoe Hare
- Apart of the rabbit family.
- Very territorial animals that hunt alone.
Plant Adaptations in the Mountain Biome
The Chinchilla has adapted to form smaller legs so they move the less so they do not have to use as much heat. They also have larger lung capacities. The chinchilla have already more blood cells because of adaptation which helps them produce hemoglobin. This help them because there a lack of oxygen in this atmosphere.
Human Impacts that Affect the Mountain Biome
- Timber extraction
- Mineral extraction
- Hydroelectric dams and reservoirs
- Increasing tourism
- Urban air pollution
- Increased ultraviolet radiation from ozone depletion
- Soil damage from off-road vehicles
- hunting for animals there which include the mountain goat and gray wolf because of their fur.
Some Minerals mined in the Rocky Mountains
- and other minerals
- Animal Corner . 2003. Alpine Biomes [Internet]. England ; [2003, cited 2003] . Available from: https://animalcorner.co.uk/alpine/
- Major Biomes of the World [Internet]. 2000 :Sandbox Networks; [2000, cited 2000] Available from: http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0769052.html
- Field Enterprises Educational Corporation . 1996. Plant life in the Alpine Biome [Internet]; [2001, cited 2001] . Available from: http://www.blueplanetbiomes.org/alpine_plant_page.htm
- Mountains Environment [Internet]; [2016 January 29, cited 2016 January 29] . Available from: https://wiki.waratah.spcc.nsw.edu.au/groups/geograpediaeastm2011/revisions/8e268/13/
- Miller GT, Spoolman Se, 2009, Living in the Environment [internet], 16th NA(NA):CENAGE Learning [2009, cited 2016 Jan 28
- Madelyn Syvertsen. The Mountain Biome [Internet]. [2014 September 30, cited 2016 Jan 29] . Available from: http://mountainluvrs.weebly.com/food-web.html