Teacher job description
Teacher job description, responsibilities and skills
Teaching job is a not just an ordinary job, it is a responsibility. Teacher job description leaves an everlasting impression which is impossible to erase on their students. They shape, train and educate students to become responsible citizens with morals, knowledge and wisdom.
Teacher job Responsibilities:
Teacher job description and Responsibilities are:
- Creating an environment that aids in maximizing the learning ability of students.
- Providing an interesting classroom for learning.
- Recognizing the abilities, strengths and weaknesses of students and planning the teaching accordingly.
- Offering a variety of learning aids and knowledge resources that help them in gaining knowledge.
- Devising and designing effective lesson plans.
- Choosing different methods and techniques for teaching and training according to the varying needs of students.
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with students and their parents.
- Utilizing technology for effective and efficient teaching.
- Maintain an inviting and pleasing atmosphere.
- Monitor the activities of students and provide guidance and encouragement to individual students.
- The documented details should be accurate.
- Updating oneself with the latest developments in subject area, resources and methods used in teaching.
- Establishing clear intentions for teaching and training activities.
- Recording the student’s academic, health, sports and social activities, developments and issues.
- Implementing necessary changes to the system to improve the efficiency.
- Participating in parent teacher meetings and staff meetings.
- Handling stressful situations with patience.
- Organizing, participating and motivating others to participate in extracurricular activities.
- Enforcing and implementing discipline.
- Conducting parent teacher meetings and submitting a proper report of their kid.
- Managing student behavior pattern in the classroom by instituting and enforcing rules.
- Plan, design and implement the techniques that improves the learning ability of students
- Assessing a student's activity, performance, issues and developments after careful monitoring and observation.
- Providing accurate feedback to record and to communicate to parents.
- Giving assignments, tests and home works accordingly.
- Giving appropriate grades.
- Acting according to the rules laid by institution and law.
- Communicating required information to students, colleagues and parents concerning student progress, activities, needs and developments.
- Guiding students on using educational aids.
- Guiding one in facing their weaknesses.
- Helping students in achieving all round development.
Teacher job Skill set:
Required skill set for a teacher
- They should maintain high working standards.
- They should have verbal and written communication skills along with problem solving and decision making skills.
- Proper stress handling and critical thinking are also important.
- Factors like initiating, motivating, flexibility and adaptability are required
- They should have good judgmental skills.
- Coordinating, persuading, negotiating are also required.
- Good at instructing, monitoring, writing and speaking.
- Time management is very important.
The teacher should have below mentioned abilities
- Oral Expression
- Problem Sensitivity
- Oral Comprehension
- Speech Clarity
- Speech Recognition
- Written Comprehension
- Written Expression
- Fluency of Ideas
- Deductive Reasoning
- Inductive Reasoning
- Information Ordering
- Near Vision
- Selective Attention
- Category Flexibility
- Flexibility of Closure
Experience and Education:
- Good command over language and subject.
- Should consider individual differences in ability, personality, interests etc. and act accordingly.
- Should be trained.
- Should have knowledge of human behavior.
- Having knowledge of group behavior, societal trends and influences is appreciated.