Family Faith News
Holy Family Parish
Sunday, October 25, 2020
Family Faith Registration 2021 is Open!
Registration includes 3 items:
STEP 1: Complete and submit this online registration form (see below).
STEP 2: Payment for family
$70 - 1 Child/1 Parent
$100 - Family (if more than 1 Child is registered)
STEP 3: Copies of Baptism/Communion Certificates for each child.
- To register for Family Faith Formation, you must be a parishioner of Holy Family Parish. If you would like to register as a parishioner, please call the Parish Office (732) 545-1681 ext 101.
- Complete a separate registration form for each child. Once you submit a form, there will be an option to complete an additional form if you would like to register another child.
- Online registration will end on Monday, November 30.
- Once an online registration form is submitted for each child (STEP 1), please call the office and make an appointment to drop off payment and your child's certificates of sacraments (if applicable).
Mass Readings for Sunday, October 25: Thirtieth Sunday in Ordinary Time
In Matthew's Gospel this weekend, we are reminded of our most important element of our Christian beliefs: love. In this Reading, Jesus tells us that our most essential "rule" is that
we love God and love one another. If we put that first, other things should fall into place.
Jesus focused the commandments down to two key principles: Love God and love others. Jesus said that the number one rule was to love God with heart, soul, and mind. That means that everything we do, think, or say should be done with God in mind. He is the most important thing. Jesus also said that we should love our neighbor as ourselves. That does not mean to just "love" the person next door, but care for all of God's people, even if we do not always agree.
Jesus tells us that that when we do those things—love God and love our neighbor, everything else comes into place. The other laws also focus on love. If we truly love God first and foremost, then we will want to follow His other commandments, too.
Activities for Family
October: Month of the Holy Rosary
It was wonderful to see our families during our Family Faith Zoom meetings last week! During our meeting, we shared Pope Francis encouraging words during this "looming" time:
“The rosary is the most beautiful prayer that we can offer to the Virgin Mary. ‘It is a contemplation of the stages of the life of Jesus the Savior with his Mother Mary and it is a weapon that protects us from evil and temptation.”
As October is dedicated to the Holy Rosary, we remember and celebrate Jesus and Blessed Mary when we pray the rosary together as a family. Below is a diagram to better understand the parts of the rosary. If your children do not know these prayers, please see the resource link below with the prayers translated in English and Spanish.
This week, take time to teach and pray the rosary with your children. As Pope Francis tells us, during these difficult times, these prayers will "protect us from evil and temptation."
As a family, complete and submit this Family Form by Friday, October 30. This form counts towards attendance and participation in our Family Faith Program.
Our Children & Prayer
Uplift Video of the Week!
A Blessing or High Five?
A blessing or high five? A small misunderstanding from this cute little girl! As she was receiving a blessing from the priest, it seemed easily confused for an opportunity for a high five!
Holy Family Parish
- Register online: holyfamilyparishnewbrunswicknj.flocknote.com
- Text holyfamilyforall to 84576 (or 202-765-3441 in Spanish)