RA Long High School Newletter
June 4. 2023
Quote of the Week
The FINAL DAYS ARE NEARING ! Will you be earning all your credits ?
- Seniors 3.5 days to go !! (EVERYTHING MUST BE COMPLETED BY JUNE 7 AT 12PM IN ORDER TO WALK AT GRADUATION ON THE 10TH)
- 7.5 days left for 9-11TH Graders: Last day of school is June 14. Save yourself from future heartache, earn all your credits this semester!!
RA Long Upcoming Events
- June 7: 12pm deadline for SENIORS to turn in all work to be able to walk at graduation.
- June 8 Baccalaureate for Seniors (Details still in the works)
- June 9: Senior Grad Walk to Elementary and MS. (9:30am, be early in caps and gowns)
- June 9 SENIORS GRADUATION PRACTICE 4pm ( must be present to walk on Saturday)
- June 10: Graduation 10am in front of RA Long HS
- June 14: Last day of School
SUMMER SCHOOL: June 20-23 (9am-12pm) for those INVITED BY YOUR TEACHER to attend based on viability to earn credit(minium percentage to pass required) in 12 additional hours.
SUMMER SCHOOL IS COMING June 20-23: Be looking for an email invitation from your teacher.
- When: June 20-23
- Time: 9am-12pm
- By Invite Only: Your current percentage must be with striking distance to earn credit for the course in 4 days(12 additional hours).
- Most percentages from teachers range from 45-60%. This is determined by each teacher.
- You must attend ON TIME and EVERY DAY or you will be exited from summer school. This is only for those serious about cleaning things up and earning credit.
All Things RA Long Athletics--Click link below
Additional College/ Career Center Information
RAL Custodial Staff Helpers
What: RAL Custodians are looking for a few students who are willing to help after school.
When: After school (2:45p – 4pm)
Longview Girls Softball Association
What: Help out in the concession stand during Longview girls softball games
When: Multiple dates available, sign-up on their website. Scan QR Code to sign-up!
Go Fourth @ the Lake
What: Help needed with concessions, scooping & serving ice cream, bagging & sealing kettle corn, etc!
When: July 2nd - July 4th (10:00am – 10:00pm)
Where: Lake Sacajawea
· Sign-Up in the Career Center!
Stella Historical Society Museum (Position Open Until Filled)
1. This is an unpaid position. Looking for a student volunteer for their Secretary position, projects would be taking notes during monthly meetings and helping with mailing, etc.
See Senior Google Classroom
RAL DRESS CODE
DRESS CODE- applies to EVERY student taking a class at RA Long
The dress and appearance of students is the direct responsibility of the parents. School attire should reflect an academic focus and help maintain a safe and healthy school environment. Student appearance should be neat and clean and the body must be covered from the top of the shoulder to below two inches above the knee. If in the judgment of school officials dress or appearance is disruptive, the student will be required to change into appropriate clothing or will be sent home for insubordination. Team uniforms & spirit days must comply with administrative guidelines. The following rules apply to both genders:
- No under garments showing (including sports bras)
- No spaghetti straps, backless, strapless, halter-tops, crop tops, half-shirts, low-cut tops, one-shoulder, off-shoulder or see-through clothing
- Skirts/shorts must be no more than two inches above the knee (even with leggings).
- Cuts/slashes/fraying must also occur below the fingertip line
- Any rips that show skin must be no more than two inches above the knee.
- No sagging or bagging—pants must be pulled up
- No pajamas (tops or bottoms), slippers, costumes, blankets, or capes(flags)
- No displays (messages or pictures) that are vulgar, obscene, profane, violent, drug/alcohol/tobacco related, affiliated with gangs, discriminatory or demeaning to any person due to race, religion, ethnic group, gender or sexual orientation (including the Confederate flag or swastikas)
- No hats, bandanas, hairnets, head wraps, pulled-up hoods or sunglasses (exceptions for approved medical or religious reasons) If a hat is taken from a student, it will be returned on Friday after school. Hats are not to be seen in any classroom or in the hallways at any time.
- No unsafe jewelry such as spikes, long chains, etc.
Be sure to call the Attendance Office @ 575-7113 for all absences.
Leave a voice mail stating clearly the student’s name, date, and reason for absence.
Please remember to bring photo identification when picking up
your child for any appointments