Taste of Pi
Pi is an irrational number that is used to find the circumference and area of a circle. Diameter times pi will give you the circumference of your circle. Pi times radius squared will give you the area of your circle. Pi is a repeating decimal that can't be put into a fraction or ratio. That makes pi an irrational number.
- The symbol has been used for 250 years.
- We can't calculate the exact circumference or area of a circle because pi is an irrational number.
- A japenese scientist found 1.24 trillion digits of pi in 2002.
- The first million decimals places of pi have 99,000+ of each number (0-9).
- March 14 is officially pi day. It represents 3.14 because march is the third month and it's fourteenth day is march 14.
- Albert Einstein was born on Pi day in 1879.
- Isaac Newton calculated the first 16 digits of Pi
- Pi is also called " circular constant".