Stigall Primary School
Volume 2 Issue 2 ~ September 2015
We've got many exciting things going on this month. We are recognizing National Children's Good Manners Month. Each morning we give a good manner tip of the day. Please take notice and see if your child is practicing them! Also, we will be celebrating International Peace Day on the 21st. This is a big day for our Montessori class but we will do activities as a school. Look for more information to come as time approaches.
We are sorry for the mix up on Picture Day. The date was changed. Our new Picture Day will be September 18.
Our students have been working so hard. Please continue what you are doing at home to reinforce what we do here. We hope you like this newsletter format. We are trying to be more tech savvy. Thanks to everyone who has signed up for the Stigall Alert! Please spread the word as we would like to have 100% of parents signed up!
Again, thank you all for the hard work. We've had a great start to this school year. Remember, we are taking it to the next level this year! Have an awesome Labor Day and Superb September!
1) Student Arrival and Dismissal
- Kindergarten and 1st grade students cannot be walked to class by an adult. We are teaching them independence. Please drop them off at the front of the school in the car rider lines. Do not park and come in unless you need to come to the office or have made arrangements to do so with your child's teacher. Thank you.
2) Beginning of the School Year Forms and Documentation
3) Misty Lewis - Counselor Connection
The Character Trait for September is Self-Control. Students are learning Calm Down techniques in Guidance and sharing ideas of things they can do to relax when they get frustrated, upset or angry. You can help your child practice self-control by giving them opportunities to practice patience, play games such as “red light, green light” (but don’t be afraid to mix it up after they master that concept), and model good self-control habits for them to see.
“Excellence in education is when we do everything that we can to make sure they become everything that they can.” − Carol Ann Tomlinson
4) PTO- Parent/ Teacher Organization
6) Grandparent Luncheon Schedule- We look forward to seeing you!
11:50- Pettigrew/ Davis
- Please come early because times are subject to be earlier than listed.
- A form will be sent home on Tuesday requesting the name of student(s) that you will be eating with. We need these forms back by Thursday morning, September 10th. If you don't receive a form, it is ok for you to send the student's names listed on a piece of paper.
- Your tickets will be sent home on Tuesday the 8th as well, stapled to your student's planner. Keep them and bring them with you to the luncheon. We will not replace them and you will not be able to eat without them. If you do not receive tickets, please contact the office by Wednesday.