Culver Elementary May 2019
-----------------From the Desk of Mrs. Proskey--------------
The Last Newsletter of the School Year
Parents & Guardians-
Well can you believe it? We are already coming to the close of another wonderful school year. What a year it has been?! I want to THANK YOU, the community, for all of your continuous support throughout the year. All of our teachers, parents and volunteers have worked so hard to move our students forward and make sure this was a successful and exciting year filled with Culver Pride. I am a proud administrator, parent and community member!!! We need to keep our efforts going in order to promote our wonderful teachers, programming, students and schools!!
I also want to give a big shout out to the parents and volunteers who help make our incentive programming that we have at the Elementary come to fruition. We value you and appreciate that you give up your valuable time throughout the day to help with BoxTop parties, R.E.A.D. parties, Book Fairs, library programming, attending field trips or just assisting in the classroom either to help the teacher or simply read to a student. Without your generous monetary donations, water, food, and physical help, these events would not be possible!! These events will forever leave an impression on the students. They will remember the fun they had at Culver Elementary and the difference you made in their lives! :)
If you ever have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate or come in, email me at email@example.com or call me at 574-842-3389.
K-5 NWEA-MAP TESTING
- May 7 & 8 (Overmyer)
1st Grade & Mrs. Elliott- 10:15AM
- May 6-9
3rd Grade (All)- 8:30AM
- May 7-9
4th Grade (All)- 9:45AM
- May 7-9
5th Grade (All)- 9:50AM
- May 7-9
By pressing this button, you can view the official Culver Elementary School Webpage, where you can view official documents (the breakfast & lunch menu) and links to the Middle School and High School.
There is a $60.00 yearly preschool non-refundable registration fee per child.
Special Meetings/ Activities/ Dates
- 5/2-6:00 PTO Meeting @ CES Library
- 5/2- ASL Field Trip
- 5/3- 3rd Grade Field Trip
- 5/3-Family Skate Night @ Elementary (WHAT A SUCCESS!!!)
- 5/6-5/10 (Mon-Fri)-Teacher Appreciation Week
- 5/6-5/10 (Mon-Fri)- K thru 5 NWEA Testing
- 5/6-7:00 Board Meeting @ Administration Building
- 5/7-6:00 Spring Choir/Band Concert
- 5/10- Pre-K Field Trip
- 5/11- 10:00 Color Run @ HS Track (9:00 Registration)
5/13-5/17 (Mon thru Fri)-Book Fair in CES Library
5/15-6:00 2 & 4 Music Concert
5/16- 1st Grade Field Trip
5/16-6:00 Spelling Bee @ CCMHS Auditorium
- 5/17- Cool Character Parade
5/17-6:00 Spring Fling @ CES
5/18-6:30 Extravaganza @ CCMHS Auditorium
- 5/20- 1st Grade to Miller's
5/20-7:00 Board Meeting @ Administration Building
- 5/21-Kindergarten Field Trip
- 5/21-5th Grade- Middle School Orientation
- 5/22-Kindergarten Field Trip Rain Date
- 5/23-1st Grade Spelling Bee
- 5/23-1st Grade to Miller's Raindate
- 5/24- Pre-K Picnic
- 5/24- K-5 Read Movie @ 8:30 @ HS
- 5/24- 11:00 Student of the Month Lunch
- 5/27- Memorial Day -NO SCHOOL
- 5/28- 1st Grade to Library
- 5/28- SEAL Indiana
- 5/29-9:00 K-5 Awards Day
- 5/29-6:00 Preschool Graduation
- 5/30-8:10am Senior Parade
- 5/30- STUDENT'S LAST DAY OF SCHOOL :)
- 6/3-6/7- IREAD3 Summer School
- 6/7- IREAD3 Test
- 6/17-Board Meeting @ 7:00pm @ Admin Building
- 7/15-Board Meeting @ 7:00pm @ Admin Building
- 7/22- Registration from 8am-8pm
- 7/23- Registration From 10am-7pm
Congratulations Mrs. Risner!!!
Come Visit the Scholastic Book Fair
Celebrate Book Fair (5/13-5/17) & Build up to Spring Fling (5/17)
To celebrate our love of books at the Book Fair and as we build up to our annual Spring Fling, Culver Elementary will be having Spirit Week.
Monday- "Reading is Like a Vacation for the Mind"- Dress for Vacation!
Tuesday-"Reading is Exercise for Your Brain"- Wear you Work-out Gear!
Wednesday-"Culver Kids LOVE to Read!"-- Wear Your Grey Culver Sweatshirt!
Thursday-"Reading is like Dreaming with You Eyes Open."- Pajama Day!
Friday-"Sail Away with a Good Book."- Dress as a Sailor, Pirate, or Mermaid!
Click here to retrieve your children's Harmony Information (report cards, lunch information, grades, homework, etc.)
5:30 Shuttle Bus Information
We have been informed that the students that ride the 5:30 shuttle bus into Bass Lake can no longer be dropped off at the Pub. The new drop spot is at the Bass Lake Community Center. They will continue to be dropped of at the same time as usual. I'm sorry if this causes any inconvenience to your family.
Culver Community PTO Color Run
Saturday, May 11th, 9am
701 School Street
Please join us!
Culver Youth Softball/ Baseball
Play summer Tball, Baseball and Softball with Culver Youth League!
Culver Youth League is a group of parent volunteers that organizes baseball and softball teams during the summer months to play against surrounding communities. Boys and girls start playing at 4-5 years old at the t-ball level. After t-ball the kids separate into either softball or baseball and can play in the league up to 18 years old.
Preferred method -
Online registration form and PayPal link
Lion's Club Student of the Month Lunch
Weather Alerts and Notifications/ Notifying the Office when your Child is Sick
- Please make sure that your child leaves the house appropriately dressed for the weather. We still go outside for recess even when it is pretty chilly outside.
- Do not drop your children off at the front door prior to 7:30. The doors do not get unlocked until the assistant gets there at 7:30.
- If the weather looks like it may be too treacherous for school, please check WNDU, WSBT, or FOX22 for closings or school delays. WROI and WXVI will also be informed of closings and delays. You may also check Culver Elementary's Facebook Page. www.facebook.com/culver.elementary.school (go to the link on this page and "like" our page).
- If your child is absent please call Yvonne Shepherd at 574-842-3389 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Also remember if your child has a fever, they have to be 24 hours fever free before they come back to school. You never know when that fever may spike back up!
Culver Communtity Schools Corporation Mission Statement
Culver Community Schools Corporation Vision Statement
Culver Community Schools Corporation Belief Statements
- We believe students, with support from community, family, and educators, will rise to the level of expectations.
- We believe a well-rounded education at CCSC will foster emotional and intellectual development along with respectful, pro-active communication, in a positive, nurturing, learning environment.
- We believe that every student at CCSC is a potential leader given proper mentoring.
- We believe the definition of success is unique to every student.