What is a music therapist?
I have to graduate high school
Apply to college and major in music
Take a science class and a phycology class
Take a music theory class to learn more about music.
What they do
- Document their patients improvement.
- Have group visits.
- Individually have visits with people.
- Use instruments such as drums or guitars
- Have patients listen to singing or instrumental music
- Try to help patients with mental and physical problems like; Alzheimer's or a traumatic brain injury.
Pay scale, ed. "Music Therapist Salary." PayScale Human Capital. PayScale, 2016.
Web. 14 Jan. 2016. <http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Music_Therapist/Salary>.
Reiser, Mark. "Why the Drums Work Wonders." Counseling Today May 2006: 18-19.
SIRS Issues Researcher. Web. 14 Jan. 2016.<http://sks.sirs.com/cgi-bin/hst-article-display?id=SIL1209-0-9987&artno=0000249941&type=ART&shfilter=U&key=Music%20therapy&title=Why%20the%20Drum%20Works%20Wonders&res=Y&ren=N&gov=N&lnk=N&ic=N>.
Weiss, Rick. "Music Therapy: Doctors Explore The Healing Potential Of Rhythm And
Song." Washington Post [Washington D.C] 5 July 1994, Health sec.: 10-13.
SIRS Issues Researcher. Web. 13 Jan. 2016. <http://sks.sirs.com/cgi-bin/hst-article-display?id=SIL1209-0-4232&artno=0000010606&type=ART&shfilter=U&key=Mu