By: Leah Carman
Sex Trafficking is a huge problem around the world. it mostly effects women and children and forces them into commercial sex acts.
- Women and children make up 80% of the people trafficked.
- Yearly traffickers exploit 1 million children each year in sex trade.
- In 2007 there were 14,588 reports of sex trafficking in the United States alone.
- Globally it is estimated to have 4.5 million people trapped in sex trafficking.
Call to Action
- Learn the red flags of human trafficking.
- Be a more conscientious consumer.
- Help spread the word of human trafficking dangers.
- volunteer to do victim outreaches.
- Help organize fundraisers to donate to human trafficking.
For More Information or Help
Call the National Human Trafficking Resource Center at 1-888-373-7888 for help or to give tips on human trafficking in the United States.
To learn more ways to help go to www.humantrafficking.org