WELCOME TO THIRD GRADE!
About Miss. Mills
High School: Penn High School '15 located in Mishawaka, IN
College Education: I graduated from Indiana University in 2019 with a Bachelors degree in Elementary Education with a concentration in Language Arts, minors in Education Policy, Counseling and an addition Reading License Addition.
Fun Information :)
Favorite ice cream flavor: Vanilla
Favorite food: Italian
Favorite holiday: Halloween
Pets: One dog, her name is Roxy!
Hobbies: Cooking, singing, reading, volunteering and spending time with family and friends.
What will we learn this year?!?
My goal this year is to make what we learn fun! We will focus on Reading, Science, Math, Social Studies and Art and Music!
I hope to make you all diverse learners and able to make connections between what we learn in the classroom to the real world. To make this possible, I plan to take a few field trips this year to show you guys first hand what we talk about in class.
1. Respect- this means that I will expect each student to respect anyone and everyone in the classroom. Everyone has different ideas and different ways to learn and our friendly classroom community will allow diversity.
2. Attendance- it is crucial that everyone is present everyday for class. We have so much to learn in so little time! Plus, it's more fun to learn when the group is all together. If there is a need for an absence there must be a doctors note provided to have the absence excused or note from a family member describing the family emergency. An email explaining the absence will be required along with the excuse note. Any other absences will not be excused. Two unexcused absences will result in a intervention meeting. More than three unexcused absences will result in a meeting with myself and administrative faculty present. Questions regarding this policy or certain cases can be emailed to me or an in person meeting can be arranged.
3. Academic Integrity- what does this big word mean? This statement means that each student is expected to complete their own original work. Cheating, copying and plagiarism will not be allowed. You are all very bright, do your own work!
4. Homework Policy- A homework schedule will be passed out at the beginning of the year and will also be posted on the class website. Homework assignments should be written in students' agenda each day before they leave the classroom. It is expected that the homework assignments will be turned in on or before the due date. Points will be deducted for each day the assignment is late. A week from the due date will be the cut off for turning in late work, meaning the assignment will no longer be accepted for points but will still be expected to be completed.
5. Quizzes and Tests- in addition to the homework schedule there will be a quiz and test schedule handed out at the beginning of the year and posted to the class website. If changes are made to the schedule an email will be sent out, an announcement made in class and an update made to the schedule posted on the class website. Being absent on the day of a quiz or test will not be allowed unless previous arrangements and notification has been made.
6. Have fun- this is one of the most important expectations! I want everyone to enjoy the classroom environment and feel that they are included in class. Be yourself, make friends and learn a lot! :)
7. Follow classroom rules and policies- these will be decided as a class. I want everyone to hold each other accountable for creating the best classroom space we can!
If there are questions about assignment due dates and additional resources all of that information can be found on my teacher website(use the web link or QR code), but if there is something unclear please ask and let me know!