6th Grade News
Central Magnet School
CONGRATULATIONS to students for completing their Independent Reading Challenge
The Independent Reading Challenge CELEBRATION is Friday, May 8 during A and B lunch. Students are asked to bring $2 by Thursday if they would like pizza for lunch. Students who have completed the reading challenge will eat lunch in my classroom and then go outside during B study hall. If you would like to donate a 12-pack of soda, that would be great! I am baking cupcakes for students.
Yearbooks Distributed Friday
Yearbooks will be distributed Friday during first period. We will then go outside during sixth and seventh periods to sign yearbooks. Students are encouraged to bring a pen with them to sign yearbooks. As of this moment, no extra yearbooks are available for purchase.
Dates to Remember
- May 6 - Last day to check out books in library.
- May 15 - All library books are due back to library.
- May 21 - Sixth Grade Field Day.
- May 21 - Sixth and Seventh Grade Awards Night at 6:00 P.M. Invitations were distributed today.
- May 22 - Sixth Grade Incentive/Field Trip to Opry Mills to see movie. Please remember to send a lunch or lunch money with your child that day.
- May 25 - No School - Memorial Day
- May 26 - Teacher Work Day
- May 27 - 2 hour day. Teachers will be in cafeteria to distribute report cards. You may send in a SASE, and your report card will be mailed to you. All fines, textbooks, library books, and locks (if rented) must be turned in to receive report card.