Operations with Fractions
A fraction wonderland guide By: Shelby Shultz
Adding and subtracting fractions
Explain part 1
This is how you add fractions
- If your fractions do not have the same denominator you need to find the lest common multiple. You can do this by finding the denominators factors.
- Then after you do that you have to change the numerator. If you multiplied the denominator by two than you have to multiply the numerator by two all so
- Last but not least you have to add. Then you are done!!!!!!!!!!
Explain part 2
This is how you subtract fractions
- First if you had to fractions that have different denominators than you have to change them so they have the same denominators. You can do this by using LCM(least common multiple)
- Than after you do that you have to change the numerator.