The Kirk Fenton Pro
Weekly newsletter for staff 8th March 2019
Well, I don't know where this week has gone! With meetings and other commitments this week I don't seem to have seen some people so I do apologise if I've missed you. Hopefully, next week will be a little calmer....
Today my worship was on happiness. We all know children who are innately happy, the ones with such a cheerful disposition that it rubs off on those around them and sometimes even on us.
What a gift that is. They are often not the brightest children, nor the most athletic but that doesn't matter to them. They enjoy doing a variety of different things during their days with us and do most things reasonably well - not too many disasters, not too many triumphs but lots of good-natured fun on the way.
These are the children we enjoy having in our classes most. Thank you for the gift of happiness Lord, and for the effect of these children on the rest of our class and ourselves.
Messages, Information, reminders and notices
- Claire Thandi will be off for at least the next two weeks - Helen Butler will be covering.
- Support Plans - Please ensure that all your support plans are completed and shared with parents before Easter.
- Worship - Please ensure that your classes are in the hall and ready to start for 9:30 am during the week and especially 2:30 pm on Fridays. We have a lot to fit in and it is hard for the younger classes to be out on time if we are late starting.
- Timetables - Please can class teachers let me have a copy of their weekly timetable on a Monday each week. First person, start a new folder please.
- Staff Meetings - Please see the dates attached below for the rest of this term
W/C 11th March - Parents Evening
Tuesday 19th March - Feedback from Book Look/ marking Policy
Thursday 28th March - KS1 Writing Moderation
Tuesday 2nd April - KS2 Writing Moderation
Thursday 11th April - Kirk Fenton Book Look
Diary Dates Next Week
- Science Week
- 08:00 Michael Walshaw to see JMcK
- 10:00 Joy Rossington to see MM (YR)
- 10:30 Mel Lawrence 9South Milford) to see KW
- 14:30 Joseph Miller to see KW
- 15:30 SLT
Tuesday 12th -
- Emma out Literacy Conference ( JM to cover)
- 09:30 Amelia Formstone to see OD/ AG (YR)
- 12:00 Y6 x 6 Debating Competition
- 12:30 Amy Binks HR to see KW
- 13:00 NSPCC Assembly for KS1
- 13:30 NSPCC Assembly for KS2
- 15:30 Parents' Evening
Wednesday 13th -
- Kerry Out KS1 Moderation (CS cover)
- 08:00 KW @ MAT HT Meeting
- 13:00 KS1 Cricket
- 15:30 Parents' Evening (YR & Hedwig)
Thursday 14th -
- Bev out EVC Training
- 09:00 BC out KS2 Writing Moderation ( HB cover)
- 09:30 Cath Brown S&L
- 09:45 Sue Smith EP to see NB (Y2) & JW (Y1)
- 13:00 Amy out EYFS Moderation (KH Cover)
- 13:00 EB out English Network
- 13:00 KS2 x 8 Basketball @ Monk Fryston
- 15:30 Parents' Evening
Friday 15th -
- Comic Relief Day - Wear something red!
- 09:00 Parent Council Meeting KW
- 09:30 Jenna (physio) to see GN (Hedwig)
- 13:00 YR visitor to talk rockets
- 13:00 KW to Athelstan re Peer review
Thank you's and Well done's.....
Thanks to Karen P. for keeping the Year 5 & 6 team topped up with tea all week
Thanks to all the staff who volunteered to help at the FOKF cake sale. They were very grateful
Thanks to all staff that have been on the playground at lunchtime this week, I really do appreciate your help when we are short here.
This week's birthdays....
No-one this week