St. Patrick Catholic School
Principal's Weekly Newsletter
FEBRUARY 3, 2022
Catholic Schools Week always reminds me what a privilege it is to be a student, parent, or school employee in a Catholic school! We have so many rich traditions, students take so much pride in being part of our close knit community, and we truly do make a difference in our world. Thank you for your continued support of our school!
Choosing a Catholic education at St. Patrick is one decision that will positively impact your child for years to come. We develop students who not only succeed academically but put their faith into action in their daily lives. We respect students of other faiths and welcome the diversity families of other religious backgrounds bring to our school. These fundamentals provide such a solid foundation for your child's future.
We are proud to say that we have many ways to assist anyone who wants a Catholic school education for their child:
- State of Iowa tax credit: Taxpayers who have one or more dependents attending grades K-12 in an Iowa school may take a credit for each dependent for amounts paid for tuition and textbooks. The credit is 25% of the first $1,000 paid for each dependent for tuition and textbooks.
- SCRIP rebates: Buy gift cards at face value through our SCRIP program and use them for your family's regular purchases of food, household items, clothing, gasoline, and more. One-half of the listed rebate goes toward your child's tuition. Family and friends can designate their rebates to your child too with this form.
- Tuition payment with 529 Plan: You may be eligible for a state tax credit for Iowa 529 plan deposits and your money can grow tax free for eligible tuition and education expenses. You may deposit funds and use them for tuition right away! Consult the Iowa 529 Plan website and your financial advisor for details.
- Families that live two miles or more from school may receive reimbursement from the public school system toward personal or bus transportation by filling out a short form.
- Tuition Assistance: For 2021-22, 21% of our K-8 students received help with tuition. Qualifying levels for the School Tuition Organization (STO) are posted here. For example, a family of four might qualify up to income of $111,000. Apply now for the fall! Local assistance may also be available (complete the STO application and give our business office a call).
We enjoy partnering with you in educating your children!
Worship through song is always powerful. Our students enjoy raising the roof at church and praising God!
We nurture creativity in our students and provide ways for them to be creative as they learn other skills and concepts. During technology class, gr 3/4 students participated in a mini game jam using the Bloxels platform. For one of the activities, students took a game character that was not up to par and remade them with a new look, new tools, and new powers. In her free time, this student even made additional original characters for her own original video games.
What's the Main Event all about?
Mingle and enjoy our activities
Watch social media in the days to come to preview our auction items. We can use more wine if you have a bottle to donate for the wine pull.
Live music and dancing
Enjoy music by Bruce Day this year during social hour and after the auction. Bring your friends!
Wear your casual cocktail attire--enjoy great food and beverages
Dress up a little or wear nice casual--it's your choice. Come and enjoy food and beverages with parents from school and preschool and other members of the parish and community. We make it easy! You don't have to get a table together as we don't do reserved seating. Sit anywhere you like.
Note that February 9 is our next Godfather's Pizza night.