Oh! The Places You'll Go!
2015-2016 LVES Weekly Staff Newsletter
- 8:30-11:00: Behavior Training with Krystal in the cafeteria
- 11:00-12:30: Lunch on your own
- 12:30-1:30: Student Support Meetings - Dyslexia in Reading Lab, ESL in Library, GT in Art Room, SPED teachers and paras will be meeting with Krystal, so if you are in the SPED Student Support team - choose one of the other teams to attend for this one meeting
- 1:30-2:30: Vertical Team Meetings: PreK and Kinder will meet in Cook's Room; 1st and 2nd will meet in Walker's Room; 3rd and 4th will meet in Dement's Room
- 2:30-3:30: Team Time to review data from first 8 weeks and curriculum time to work on unit organizers if needed
There will be muffins and juice in the cafeteria in the morning before the behavior training starts at 8:30. See you in the morning:-)
LVES Family Fun Night
RtI Intervention Forms
Quarterly Self Assessment #1 due October 23rd
Tax Ratification Election Information
I talked with the Leadership Team last week about the upcoming Tax Ratification Election coming in December. Here is a brief explanation of what the TRE is and how it benefits our school district. I am also attaching a informational flyer as well. On October 8, 2015 the Lago Vista ISD Board of Trustees held a Public Hearing & a Called Meeting to discuss the proposed tax rate, budget, and to possibly call a Tax Ratification Election (TRE) to be held on Saturday, December 12, 2015. The passage of the TRE coupled with an Ordinance passed by the LVISD Board of Trustees would effectively move $0.02 from the Interest and Sinking Fund (I&S) to our Maintenance and Operations Fund (M&O). This shift would generate approximately $250,000 in additional state funding for the school district with NO INCREASE in tax rate for the LVISD taxpayers.
Point Venture Lions Club Grant Proposal
Weekly Attendance Goal
"Oh the things you can find, if you don't stay behind!"
- Eric Holt - October 12th
- Tracy Goodwin - October 14th
- Amy Rowin - October 17th
We hope you have a wonderful birthday Eric, Tracy, and Amy!
Mark Your Calendar - be sure to add "Elementary Staff Calendar"
- October 12th - Columbus Day - Student/Staff Holiday
- October 13th - Student Holiday - Staff Development
- October 13th - LVES Family Fun Night, 4th grade representin'
- October 14th - Michelle at admin meeting, 9-11 am
- October 14th - CIP Team Meetings, 3:05 in Library
- October 20th - Michelle at admin meeting, 9-11 am
- October 20th - Title 1 Parent Meeting, 6-7 pm
- October 22nd - CEIC Meeting, 3:15 pm
- October 23rd - End of the 1st nine weeks
- October 23rd - Quarterly Self-Assessment #1 due
- October 23rd - Fire Safety Day, schedule coming soon
- October 30th - Book Character Parade, 9:00 am
- October 30th - Report Cards go home in Friday folders
- November 4th - Perfect Attendance and Honor Roll Recognition during lunches, Teachers on lunch duty