VOTE - May 15
Everything you need to know for the Tuesday, May 15 Vote!
On Tuesday, May 15, the public will vote on the proposed 2018-2019 Troy City School District Budget and will elect three Board of Education members for three-year terms.
SCHOOL 2 - Middleburgh & Tenth St.
SCHOOL 12 - 475 First St.
SCHOOL 14 – 1700 Tibbits Ave.
SCHOOL 16 – Collins & Walker Ave.
SCHOOL 18 – 412 Hoosick St.
CARROLL HILLS SCHOOL – 112 Delaware Ave
Poll Hours 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Call 518-328-5070 if you have questions about your polling location.
The proposed 2018-2019 School District Budget was developed with the goal of being both educationally sound and fiscally responsible. The plan maintains all programs and includes no layoffs for the fifth consecutive year.
- Total: $111,893,389
- Tax Levy: $36,832,473
- Tax Levy Increase: 1.54%, more than $123K below the allowable Tax Cap. For an estimated $100,000 home, the annual tax levy increase would be roughly $33, less than $3 a month.
- Maintains all academic programs.
- No layoffs.
- Maintains small class sizes.
- Allows for continual and sustained growth in student achievement.
Property Tax Relief Credit
Because the District stayed within the tax cap again, eligible taxpayers qualify for the property tax relief credit:
- The Basic STAR credit is now calculated on a sliding scale, based on the property owner's reported income. The maximum Basic STAR credit is estimated to be up to $381 for 2018.
- The Enhanced STAR credit is not income based. Anyone who is eligible for the Enhances STAR exemption will receive 26% of the exemption, estimated to be $321 in 2018.