Bennett Bear Business Newsletter
Week of October 17, 2021
FIVE More Days Until PTO's Trunk or Treat
Check Out This Week's Grade Level Newsletters
Kindergarten's Weekly Newsletter
1st Grade's Weekly Newsletter
2nd Grade's Weekly Newsletter
3rd Grade's Weekly Newsletter
4th Grade's Weekly Newsletter
5th Grade's Weekly Newsletter
Specials' Weekly Newsletter
The Bennett Learning Commons Newsletter
Front Parking Lot - Arrival & Dismissal Safety Expectations of Parents
Dear Bennett Parents,
We need YOUR help! The safety of our BEARS is our #1 priority. Thank you to our amazing parents that follow the safety rules and expectations to help do your part in keeping everyone safe. Unfortunately, we have some parents that are NOT doing their part to keep everyone safe. Therefore, we would like to take this time to review and reiterate the Bennett safety expectations for our front parking lot so everyone can do their part to keep all of our BEARS safe.
1. Parents that wish to stay in their vehicle will need to drop off and/or pick up their children in the front or back carpool lines.
2. The front parking lot is only used for parents that wish to park, get out of their vehicle with their child, use the front crosswalk, and walk their child into the building. If your child requires assistance with their safety belt or belongings, please use this option.
3. If you choose to walk your child into the building, please park in a designated parking spot in the front parking lot. Both parent and child will exit their parked vehicle, use the designated crosswalk where a Bennett staff member will direct you when to cross the crosswalk, and enter the building. Children should never be dropped off in the parking lot and asked to walk across the cross walk alone.
4. Handicap parking spots are reserved for vehicles that display the appropriate placard or license plate.
Thank you for your immediate attention and help with our safety concerns, as we all do our part to keep our BEARS safe!
Proud to be a BEAR,
The Bennett Staff
Bennett's Arrival & Dismissal Details
Bennett's Arrival & Dismissal Map
Please Keep Your Dogs at Home or Safely Inside Your Vehicle
Safety Patrol Team 2 will Assist with Arrival & Dismissal
PTO Sponsored Hat Creek Spirit Event - Monday, October 18th
School Wide PJ Day for Meeting PTO Goal - Tuesday, October 19th
Big Kahuna Party Bus Prize - Wednesday, October 20th
PTO's 2nd Annual Trunk or Treat Drive Thru Event - Friday, October 22nd - Sign Up Below
We Need YOUR Trunk
Sign-Up Here for All Things PTO Trunk or Treat
PTO Winter Wear is Available for Pre-Order Only - Orders Due Friday, October 22nd
McKinney ISD Holiday Bazaar - Saturday, October 23rd
Parent-Teacher Conference Day - No School for Students - Monday, October 25th
PTO Sponsored Yearbook Cover Contest - Entries Due Monday, October 25th
Red Ribbon Week - Tuesday, October 26th - Friday, October 29th
Picture Retake Day for our BEARS - Tuesday, October 26th
Questions About Our Original Picture Day? Here's Who to Contact
Bennett's Spirit Night at the McKinney Stadium - Friday, October 29th
Cross Town Showdown - McKinney Boyd Verses McKinney High
The Small Details for A Great Event for Our BEARS
- Students must arrive by 6:30 p.m. and go immediately to Section 109. Kick off will be at 7:00 p.m.
- Elementary students must wear a school spirit shirt to be granted free admission and must be accompanied by an adult with paid admission.
- Elementary students should meet in Section 109 so they can gather on the field for a group picture and to be highlighted on the video board before kickoff. Parents are NOT allowed on the field, only school staff.
Bennett Spirit Night is a BIG Deal for Our BEARS!
Responsibility - Character Trait for October
Our BEARS Are Earning Tickets to Win this BIG DOG at Our October Friday Live
Save the Date - Virtual October Friday Live - Friday, October 29th - 2:30PM
Save the Date - 3rd-5th Grade Fine Arts Night - Thursday, December 9th
BEARS Celebrating a Birthday in October
1 - Tommy
3 - Daniel, Emilia, Logan
4 - Ellie-Rae
5- Mason, Ayden
6 - Sophia, Ronald, Juliana, Emilynn
7 - Paxton
8 - Mia, Taleia
9 - Knox, Ms. Trout - Resource Teacher
10 - Royce
11 - Maggie, Anna
13 - Ms. Stallbaumer - Media Resource Specialist
14 - Macie, Lily, Daniel
15 - Reagan, Simon
17 - Rocco
19 - Micole, Luke, Paxton, Amelia, Wes
20 - Eva, LeoDaniel
21 - Charlie
22 - Lillian, Graham
23 - Jacob, Brylee, Reaghan, Shane
24 - Thomas, Asher
25 - Reese
27 - Brooklyn, Dillon
28 - Liam, Benjamin, Holly, Trevor, Kinley, Ms. Snyder - 4th Grade Teacher
31 - Isabel, MJ
Upcoming Events for our BEARS
Monday, October 18th:
*2nd 9 Weeks of School Begins
*PTO Sponsored Hat Creek Spirit Night
Tuesday, October 19th:
*PJ Day for Entire School for Meeting our PTO Party Money Collection Day
*Dress Code Appropriate PJs, Please
Wednesday, October 20th:
Big Kahuna Party Bus - permission slip and details coming home soon
Friday, October 22nd:
*2nd-5th Grade Running Club - 7:30AM-7:50AM
*PTO's 2nd Annual Trunk or Treat Event - 6:30PM-8:00PM - Bennett parking lots
*PTO's Winter Spirit Wear Pre-Orders Due
Saturday, October 23rd:
MISD Partners in Education's 13th Annual Holiday Bazaar - McKinney High School - see flyer
Monday, October 25th - Friday, October 29th:
Parent - Teacher Conference Week
Monday, October 25th:
*McKinney ISD Parent-Teacher Conference Day - No School for Students
*PTO Sponsored Yearbook Cover Entries Due in Bennett Front Office by today
Tuesday, October 26th - Friday, October 29th:
Red Ribbon Week -
Tuesday, October 26th:
*Red Ribbon Week - Wear Crazy Socks or Crazy Shoes
Wednesday, October 27th:
Red Ribbon Week - Wear Pajamas
Thursday, October 28th:
Red Ribbon Week - Wear Team Jersey or Dress Like Someone at School
Friday, October 29th:
*Red Ribbon Week - Wear Bennett Spirit Wear
*2nd-5th Grade Running Club - 7:30AM-7:50AM
*Virtual October Friday Live - 2:30PM - pre-recorded video sent out via link
*Bennett's Spirit Night at the McKinney Stadium - Boyd Broncos & McKinney High School Football Game Night
October Breakfast Menu
October Lunch Menu
Clinic News from Nurse Tiffany
NEW MISD Covid 19 Isolation Protocols
New MISD Isolation Protocols
Step 1: When a student, who is on campus, has displayed symptoms of COVID-19, such as a fever, coughing, shortness of breath, etc., the school nurse will provide a clinical assessment to determine if and when a student needs to be sent home. Students who are ill will be separated from their peers and should be picked up within one hour.
Step 2: The campus nurse will speak with the parent/guardian regarding quarantine and isolation needed for their symptomatic student. The student who has symptoms of COVID-19, may return to campus after 10 days have passed from symptom onset AND symptoms resolved AND at least 24 hours have passed with no fever, without the use of fever-reducing medication. The student may return to campus before the end of the 10 day period only IF a note from a health care provider is received by and discussed with the campus nurse prior to the student returning to campus.
Step 3: The campus nurse will follow up with the student throughout the quarantine and isolation period.
Step 4: If the parent of the student reports to the campus nurse that the student was tested for COVID-19 and is now lab confirmed positive, the steps for “ Students Who Report That They are Lab-Confirmed Positive for COVID-19” will be followed.
Students Who Report That They Are Lab-Confirmed Positive for COVID-19
Step 1: When a student has been lab-confirmed positive for COVID-19, the school nurse and teacher should be notified of their illness and should remain home for 10 days from the date of testing.
Step 2: The student who had the lab-confirmed COVID-19 positive test result, may return to campus after 10 days have passed from the date the positive test was performed AND symptoms resolved AND at least 24 hours have passed with no fever, without the use of fever-reducing medication.
Step 3: The campus nurse will follow up with the lab confirmed COVID-19 positive student throughout the quarantine and isolation period.
Step 4: MISD will follow Texas Education Agency and Collin County Health Department guidance for reporting lab positive confirmed COVID-19 cases.
NEW MISD Covid Protocols
Effective 8/2/2021, all existing protocols will be replaced with the following information. We will continue to monitor and adjust our protocols based on any updated information from Collin County Health Department, Texas DSHS, Texas Education Agency and CDC.
- All staff, visitors and students (with parental assistance) should monitor for symptoms of illness prior to campus arrival.
- CDC Guidance (including those fully vaccinated) recommends to maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission. Schools in Texas, including McKinney ISD, may highly recommend but may not require masks.
- Campuses will work to ensure no student is treated differently as a result of their choice to wear a mask or not wear a mask.
- Visitors will be allowed on campus according to standard visiting rules.
- Social distancing will be maintained when feasible.
- Staff and students will continue to be expected to wash their hands frequently throughout the day.
- Parents and employees will continue to be required to report confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 to campus administration or their supervisor, but this information will no longer be tracked on the District COVID-19 Dashboard.
- Staff and students with symptoms of COVID 19 (until ruled out) OR a confirmed case of COVID-19 must quarantine for 10 days from the date of symptom onset or positive test if no symptoms.
- Staff will not conduct close contact reviews and students/staff will not be required to quarantine for exposure.
- Current MISD COVID-19 numbers may be accessed through TEA at https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/schools/texas-education-agency/
- Current Collin County/City of McKinney numbers may be found at https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/8a63b1622bea4d65b28658f2101b539