Boy is a Memoir
Boy is By Roald Dahl
A memoir focuses on a short period of time.
- This memoir focuses on Roald Dahl´s school years.It covers his life from age 7-20.
A memoir has a story-like format and it has a plot.
- The conflict of the story is that all the teachers in his schools were beating the students.
- When he found out what he wanted to do with his life was the turning point.
- In the resolution Roald Dahl gets a job and gets to go to East Africa.
In memoirs writers use details and figurative language that bring the story to life.
- 'To us it was what a bar is to a drunk, or a church is to a bishop." He is trying to say that the candy shop was really important to him.
- "It caused a storm with the matron." It means that the matron is going to get really mad!