December 14, 2018
Important Dates to Remember
- Giving Tree Deadline morning of Monday, December 17th
- PRE Holiday Concert Tuesday, December 18th @ 7pm
- Holiday Break Begins with Early Release Friday, December 21st @ 1:15pm
- Back to School Thursday, January 3rd, 2019
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE
- The Positivity Project - Weekly Character Trait
- The Giving Tree DUE MONDAY
- Remembering our Specials Teachers DUE MONDAY
- Save the Date - Sweetheart Dance!
- "All About Me" Book - Gift Ideas!
- Yearbook Photo submission site
Character Strength: SELF-CONTROL
You have the ability to control your emotions and behaviors. You think before you act.
Self-control is the act of managing behavior in a way that positively influences goal attainment and living up to standards. Those with self-control are able to limit impulsive behavior. They have a command of their thoughts, feelings, and impulses. Individuals with this strength might be described as poised, cool, disciplined, or composed.
The Giving Tree
Contact School Counselor Sarah Fenik @ firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Give a gift to our Specials Teachers!
This year, we will once again be collecting for a school wide gift for our specials teachers! Feel free to send in cash in an envelope with your student’s name, a check made out to Amy Toland or send money via paypal to paypal.me/Tolandfamily or via Venmo @amywhipnc to contribute! Please contribute by Monday, December 17th so we have time to purchase gifts!
Save the Date for the SWEETHEART DANCE!
Don’t forget about our “All About Me” book!
It’s that time of year when we try to think of thoughtful ways to say “Thank You” to the wonderful staff that make Penny Road such a special place! If you are in need of ideas for your favorite teacher or staff member, don’t forget to check out our "All About Me” book in the front office! Each staff member has filled out a preference sheet so she can find out what some of their favorite things are or where they like to shop or dine! Stop by the office and check it out!