Second Grade Newsletter
Mrs. Barita, Mrs. Carrasco, Mrs. Kulesza
*Monday, February 29th will be "Day 6" for Encore*
Lifework-Week of February 29-March 4
- Monday: Read & log 10 minutes, *10 minutes on IXL
- Tuesday: (NO SCHOOL) Read & log, Spelling Words- Rainbow Style-3 colors
- Wednesday: Read & log, Spelling Words- ABC order
- Thursday: Read & log, Spelling Words-Write each word 3 times-test tomorrow
- Weekend: Read and log
* IXL- Patterns D.1, D.2, D.3 and/or Counting and Number Patterns A.2, A.3, A.6, A.7, A.8, A.11
Spelling Words-Test 3/4/16
Vowel diphthong /ou/ Syllable Patterns
Our current unit in social studies is Ancient China. Key concepts:
- locating China on a map
- locating the Huang He "Yellow" River on a map
- Understanding the relationship between environment and culture (adaptations)
- Contributions and inventions
- Test date: Monday, February 29th. A study guide was sent home on February 23rd
Our current unit in math is Unit 6-Patterns. Students will identify, create, and extend growing and repeating patterns.
- Test date: Thursday, March 3rd. IXL is a great study tool
- 3/1 - NO SCHOOL
- 3/2 - DR.SEUSS/READ ACROSS AMERICA DAY
- 3/7 - FIELD TRIP PERMISSION SLIP/PAYMENT DUE
- 3/7 - PTO MEETING @ 7PM
- 3/14 - PAC ADVISORY COUNCIL MEETING @ 6PM
- 3/15 - INTERIMS SENT HOME
- 3/16 - PTO SPIRIT NIGHT @ FOSTERS
- 3/21 - 3/28 - SPRING BREAK
*Date Change: Pennington's STEM night has been moved to April 6th. This event is being finalized and details will be forthcoming.
A small round traffic cop.
He blocks the helter-skelter words
And brings them to a stop.
The question mark's a tiny girl,
She's small but very wise;
She asks too many questions
For a person of her size.
Of all the punctuation folk,
I like the comma best.
For when I'm getting out of breath
He lets me take a rest.
Quotation marks are curious.
When friendly talk begins
You'll always find these little marks
Are busy listening in.
The exclamation mark's an elf,
Who is easily excited.
When children laugh or cry or scream
It's then he's most delighted.
Whenever you come to the end of a thought,
You sign it off with a polka dot.
Barita: Library, Music, PE, Art, PLTW, PE
Carrasco: Music, PE, Art, PLTW, PE, Library
Kulesza: PE, Art, PLTW, PE, Library, Music