First Days of Summer
Hello Spartans ~~
Happy Father's Day! In this final edition of our 2021-2022 Newcomb Newsletter you will find information about Summer Seal, next year's dress code and spirit wear information, suggested classroom supply lists, Newcomb office hours and important dates.
This has been a year like no other. We are so proud of our Spartan Scholars for all they accomplished this year. Our scholars grew so much in and out of the classroom. We saw significant growth in reading and math across both Elementary and Middle School classrooms. We also saw our students making friends and building relationships with one another. The foundation has been set for even more growth and success next year and beyond.
Last week we had the chance to celebrate our TK/Kinder Students, 5th graders as they promote to Middle School and our 8th graders as they promote to High School. Thank you to all our teachers, staff and family members who helped to ensure that these events were a huge success.
Finally, we would like to wish all our Newcomb Families and students a fun and safe summer break. We can't wait to have our entire Spartan Community together again in August.
Thank you for all the support. Go Team Newcomb!!!!!
TK & Kindergarten End of Year Celebrations
5th Grade Promotion
8th Grade Promotion
Summer SEAL Update
Dates- Monday, 6/27 to Friday, 7/22
Daily Schedule- 9:00 am to 12:30 am
Lunch will be served each day, but there will be no breakfast.
*Please note that Mrs. McGee and Mr. Thompson will not be working summer SEAL this year. For questions or concerns please contact the Main Office at 562-430-1250 or contact the Summer Seal Admin Team at-
Dr. Hosn- firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Arroyo- email@example.com
2022-2023 Spirit Wear Information
For this first sale we will only be accepting cash. Please see the pictures of our new spirit wear below. We will provide more details on next year's dress code before the end of the year.
Next year students can still wear older spirit shirts, older polos and plain blue & white polos
Students will still be required to wear blue bottoms
Newcomb 2022-2023 Uniform Policy
Newcomb Uniform Policy
1. Solid navy blue pants, shorts, skirts, dresses or jumpers are to be worn. These garments cannot be blue jeans, faded or dyed denim or jean-like cotton twill. This includes no leggings or jeggings. Leggings may be worn under other uniform pieces only. Leggings can be any color. Jumpers must be worn with a blue or white polo or spirit shirt. Dresses must be solid navy blue. Sweat pants or warm-up pants are not appropriate.The waist of pants, skirts, and shorts should be mid-waist or higher. The length of skirts, jumpers, dresses or shorts should be mid thigh or longer. Pants and shorts should not be rolled up and should not be ripped or torn.
2. Tops can only be white or navy blue polos or Newcomb Spirit Wear T-shirts and they must be worn at all times.
3. A solid navy blue or solid white sweater or sweatshirt (zippered or pullover) is the only acceptable outerwear. Anything made of sweater or sweatshirt material including fleece must be navy or white regardless of style. Sweaters or sweatshirts of any color other than navy blue or white are not part of the uniform dress code. Newcomb spirit sweatshirts and hoodies (hood down) may be worn any day. Flannel shirts are not a part of the accepted dress code. Students may wear a heavier winter jacket of another color to school, but not in the classroom.
4. Shoes should be close-toed, no sandals or Crocs.
5. Hats may be worn outside only for sun protection
6. Pierced earrings may be worn, but no other pierced jewelry.
7. All other district Dress Code regulations are in effect for all students
*If you have uniforms your child has outgrown that are still in good condition, please consider donating them to our uniform loaner program. Donations of clean uniforms will be accepted in the school office.
Important Dates for August & the Start of the Year
6/20- Office Closed in Observance of Juneteenth
6/23- Office Closes for the year. Mr. Thompson and Mrs. McGee's last day. Mr. Thompson will respond to e-mail's upon his return to the office.
6/27 to 7/22- Summer SEAL
8/16- Mr. Thompson officially returns to the office.8/23- Newcomb Main Office Officially Opens for 2022-2023 School Year
8/29- Middle School Student Orientation 9-12 pm
**This orientation will be for students only, more information will be sent home to new 6th grade families.
8/29- Middle School Parent Information Presentation 9-9:30 am & 5:30 to 6:00 pm in the Auditorium
8/29- TK/Kinder Tour and New Parent/Student Tours & Presentation 4-5:30 pm
8/31- First Day of School (Minimum Day),
**Parents will be allowed on campus in the morning on the first day of school.
**After the first day parents will need to say goodbye to their students at the front gate.
Newcomb's Social Media