Science Classroom (PK-3)
Janet Corder and Joan Gore
Elementary Science Interactive Activities Click on the individual tabs to access the websites.
SymbalooEdu search web mixes by topic or grade level
Creative Apps to Use In Science
Shadow Puppet Edu (free) - Create videos to tell a story, explain an idea or send a personalized message. The app has a search tool to find pictures from the Library of Congress, NASA, and to find Creative Commons licensed images from Flickr. Students can also import pictures and videos from the camera roll on their iPads.
Skitch - Take a picture and annotate
What if your classroom came alive just like the hallways in Harry Potter? Would your students be more engaged and ready to learn? We believe so! Augmented Reality changes the way students interact with the world by unlocking digital layers that are embedded into flat, one-dimensional images. Travel with us as we demonstrate some of the activities that are currently available to students and teachers and imagine what the future holds for your classroom with Augmented Reality!
- Animal Cell by Quiver (formerly ColAR Mix)
- Explore the Solar System via the Amazing Space Journey app. Download the board here.
- Spacecraft 3D gives students the opportunity to learn about and interact with spacecraft that have been used to explore our solar system, study Earth and observe the universe.
- Download the trigger/target image from NASA.
- Download the app for IOS from the iTunes Store. The Android app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
- Hover your device over the trigger/target image to discover the various spacecraft used by NASA.