Workshop on Software Licensing
A snowball into Enterprise risk
Why should you care?
We are on rescue mission!
ISACA Pune chapter for benefit of its members has organized a full day seminar on Software licensing, which will cover various aspects like:
- What is SAM (Software Asset Management), framework of SAM, advantages and benefits of SAM?
- Statistics of software piracy in Emerging and Developed Markets from 2007 to 2014 (Including India) and why should you care?
- Vendor auditing trends – which vendors most frequently audit, which vendors recently started and which vendors have increased their aggression levels
- Most common SAM challenges faced by all organizations
- Vendor reviews – How should you go about it?
- Various elements of SAM – Compliance review, Optimization of licenses, SAM process reviews, key roles and responsibilities, tools and technology (People, Process and Technology)
- What are the 3-4 quick things that can be done to reap benefits of SAM
- BSA VeraFirm certification
- Case studies and licensing sessions of key vendors and products
This an amazing opportunity to come together on a common platform, listen to an immensely talented speaker, brainstorm and understand nitty gritties of comparatively lesser known and a high risk issue of software compliance!
You'll earn 4 CPE hours by attending this workshop.
Software Licensing Expert with more than 7 years of experience in working with various software vendors as well as with fortune 500 organizations. In the last 7 years he has been a part of vendor led SAM reviews and advisory based SAM reviews. With an experience of conducting several hundred reviews and supervising over 50,000 hours of SAM work, he has an understanding of licensing terms and conditions of almost all major software vendors. He also has a detailed understanding of ISO 19770 (the SAM standard), has also participated in BSA VeraFirm certifications. He has provided consulting services across all segments of industries – IT/ITES, financial services, FMCG, Oil and Gas, telecommunications.
He is a member of IBSMA (a leading international association of SAM managers) and is well connected to the international SAM community.
When is it happening?
Saturday, March 5th, 10:30am-4:30pm
Pleasant Business Park, Lane opp. Vaishali Restaurant, Next to British Council Library, Fergusson College Road, Pune
Who should attend?
How much will it cost?
ISACA Members- Rs 1200/- (You are required to produce evidence for renewal of membership before registering for workshop)
Non Members- Rs 2000/-
Fees are including applicable taxes.
All the participants will be provided with complementary lunch and afternoon snacks at the venue.
Okay, I'm in! What's next?
Bank Account Name: ISACA Pune Chapter
Name of the Bank: Saraswat Co-operative Bank Limited
Branch: Madhuban Bldg, 8/3, Erandwana, Karve rd., near Nal Stop Chowk, Pune - 411004
A/c. No.: 036200100019496, IFSC Code: SRCB0000036, MICR Code: 411088005
Remember to confirm your seat before 28 February 2016!
For any help, contact us!
For registration related queries
Manjiri Tamhane (Office Manager): 9527448106
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
For any further queries
Chandan Chaurasia (Programs Director): 9890078785
Gaurav Thorat (Education & Communications Director): 7709198516