October Parent Connection News
We have had a great first month of school with the Parent Connection. We started our Table Talk and special study "Have a New Kid by Friday," and enjoyed having our first Pinterest Party creating Rococo style letters.
- October 2nd - Parents with a Purpose Mission to the SCAC 10 - 11am.
- October 17th - Table Talk - "Unglued"
- October 24, 31, Nov. 7th, 14, & 21 - "Unglued" Study - In this 6 session course, we will be discussing how to make wise choices in the midst of raw emotions. Know with confidence how to resolve conflict in your important relationships. See the description below for more information.
- November 30th - Cookie Craze Class - Learn some simple cookie decorating techniques to wow your family, guests and friends! Just in time for the holidays! Stay tuned for more information.
God gave us emotions to experience life, not destroy it!
In this six-session, small group Bible study DVD, Lysa Terkeurst teaches participants how to process emotions and resolve conflicts in ways that lead to a much more peaceful life.
Lysa TerKeurst admits that she, like most women, has experiences where others bump into her “happy” causing her to come emotionally unglued.
What do we often do with our raw emotions? We stuff, we explode, or react somewhere in between. Is it really possible to make emotions work for us instead of against us? Her answer is yes, and in her usual inspiring and practical way, Lysa shows you how.
Filled with gut-honest personal examples and Biblical teaching, Unglued will equip you to know with confidence how to:
- Resolve conflict in your important relationships
- Find peace in your most difficult relationships as you learn to be honest but kind when offended
- Identify what type of reactor you are and how to significantly improve your communication
- Respond with no regrets by managing your tendencies to stuff, explode or react somewhere in between
- And how to gain a deep sense of calm by responding to situations out of your control without acting out of control
This DVD is designed for use with the Unglued Participant Guide (sold separately). When used together, they provide you with a practical tool that can help strengthen your faith.
1. Grace for the Unglued
2. Freedom for the Unglued
3. Four Kinds of Unglued
4. A Procedure Manual for the Unglued
5. Lingering Words for the Unglued
6. Imperfect Progress for the Unglued
Childcare is available, please pack your kiddo a lunch. We will be offering a sandwich tray, chips and dessert for $5.00 for the adults. Please RSVP to Becky Frost if you will be attending. Please include your name, if you would like to join us for lunch, child's name and age, and if you are interested in the 6 week participant guide for $8.00. Enter a chance to win a copy of "Unglued" at our first meeting. We hope you can join us!
Teacher favorite things Binder
Recipe of the Month
One Pan Italian Sausage and Veggies
Delicious Italian-seasoned veggies and sausage all made in one pan. A great and healthy meal prep idea!
Servings: 6 when served with rice or quinoa
Calories: 307 kcal
- 2 large carrots ~2 cups
- 2 red potatoes ~2 cups
- 1 small-medium zucchini ~2 and 1/3 cups
- 2 red peppers ~2 cups
- 1 head broccoli ~1 and 1/2 cups
- 16 ounces Smoked Italian Turkey or Chicken Sausage
- 1/2 tablespoon EACH: dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley, garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH: onion powder, dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated, optional
- 4 and 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Optional: fresh parsley, salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil (easy clean-up) and set aside.
Prep the veggies: *It is important to prep the veggies according to directions to ensure they all cook at the same time*
Peel and very thinly slice the carrots. Wash and (if desired peel, we love the peel on) chop the red potatoes. You want the pieces quite small here. (I halve the potatoes and then cut each half into 10-12 pieces)
Halve the zucchini and then cut *thick* coins of zucchini. Coarsely chop the broccoli. Remove the stems and seeds from the peppers and chop into medium-sized pieces. Chop the sausage into thick coins.
Pour all the veggies and sausage on the sheet pan.
In a small bowl combine all of the seasonings and salt and pepper if desired (I use about 1/8 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt) with the olive oil. Stir to combine.
Pour the seasoning & oil mixture on top of the veggies and sausage and thoroughly toss to coat.
Place in the heated oven for 15 minutes. Remove and toss around the veggies + sausage and return to the oven for another 10-20 minutes or until veggies are crisp tender.
Remove and top, if desired, with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
Serve on top of rice or quinoa if desired. (Also great plain!)