Glenview Library Letter
August 7, 2014
Notes from the Library...
- If you have any technology items with a MNPS Tech ID tag (barcode), PLEASE keep them in your room for now.
- Summer Reading forms for the Nashville Public Library are due by August 15. Please remind students to bring their form in if they worked on it over the summer.
- We cannot make student library cards until MNPS Library Services has pulled the student data from PowerSchool into our OPAC system. It will probably be about 2 weeks after school has started. Once that happens, we will get them to you as quickly as possible.
- Open check out begins after your class has had orientation and received library cards. I will get the schedule to you tomorrow.
- Please explain to your students that if the Library door is closed, it's closed, and they need to go back to class. We try to avoid ever having to close during the day, but every once in a while there is a situation where it is necessary.
Faculty and Staff Lending Library
If we want to promote a strong foundation in literacy for our students, we need to be readers ourselves, right? Welcome to the Faculty Lending Library!
Finished your current novel? Need a new book to read? Take a book from our Lending Library! Have a book you no longer want or need? Didn't like a particular title? Donate it to our Library... someone else might enjoy it!
This will operate as an informal lending library for FUN reading. This is separate from our Professional Collection housed in the Library Conference Room. Any books - novels, nonfiction, profession, fun - are welcome. Anyone who works at Glenview is invited to check back often. Take a book anytime you need one, leave a book when you no longer want it. You can borrow a book and return the same one, or if you really liked it, keep it and return a different one you have!
No check out is needed, and no system will be used to keep track of books other than the honor system. The books will be housed in the upper cabinets in the library office/workroom. Enjoy!
MNPS Scope & Sequence
MNPS Digital Literacy Standards
LP Pencil Box
90 Retailers that offer teacher discounts
Quote of the Week
Glenview Library... More than just books!
Items available for teachers:
Professional Collection-- located in the Conference Room near the library entrance
-some new books were added recently....check them out!
Playaways (audiobooks)-- on Playaway display rack
Big Books-- located in the Library Office/Workroom
DVDs and VHS-- located in the Library Office/WorkroomBooks on tape-- located in the Library Office/Workroom