Word From The Woods
Bishop Woods Newsletter 2.28.22
Hello Bishop Woods Family!
This is Ms. Crisci with your weekly updates.
I hope everyone had a wonderful winter break and is ready to return to school tomorrow! I can’t believe the month of March begins on Tuesday. This year is certainly flying by!
- Parents, if you have not yet signed up for Remind texts, simply text @bwfam to the # 81010.
- On March 3rd there will be a virtual Title 1 Reading event from 5:30-6:15. Be on the look-out for the flyer letting everyone know how they can attend.
- March 4th is the mid way point to the end of marking period 3. Parents will be notified when they Progress Reports can be viewed on Powerschool.
- Tomorrow is our monthly SPMT meeting. Parents are invited to attend. Below is the zoom link
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 815 4921 1022
- We are arranging to have a Grade 8 parent graduation meeting. At this meeting, you will be informed on end of year events and student dues.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the main office so we can help you.
Please enjoy the rest of the night and I am looking forward to seeing all of you tomorrow.
Thank you and have a wonderful week!
February PBIS Spirit Day - Students wore pink or red to show their school spirit!
2/28 - DARIEL RIVERA
2/28 - DEBORAH CHUKUKA
3/1 - SYRANI SMITH
3/2 - BRANDON EMERY
3/4 - ANALIA VENTURA
3/4 - CHRISTOPHER CABELLO
3/5 - PHILIP WHITE
3/7 - JORDAN CARDONE
3/8 - MRS. LYNCH
3/8 - AILANY ORTEGA
3/9 - VICTOR GUZMAN
3/11 - DYLAN MORENO GALICIA
3/13 - ARIELLAH DEVLIN QUINONES
The Ulysses S. Grant Application is live! The Ulysses S. Grant Foundation is a 5-week academic summer program for highly motivated middle school students who are enrolled in public school in New Haven, CT. Each summer a team of Yale undergraduate teachers help students acquire the academic preparation and skills they will need to excel in their current school environment and to succeed in college through courses in the humanities, investigations and electives. Join us and explore academic subjects such as art, poetry, chemistry, or finance in exciting new ways with classes such as Architectural Explorations: Concrete, Technical Drawing, and Urban Drama in New Haven! Learn more about the program at: https://campuspress.yale.edu/usgrant/
Apply at: https://yalesurvey.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bazbO785YEXakwC
Interested in a career in education? Check out the flyer below!
Please visit the NHPS webpage for all updated COVID guidance.
or visit our webpage at
and click on the 2021 Important Parent Information Page
Sign up for Remind texts!
Remind will allow you to receive important text information from the school. To sign up:
Text @bwfam to 81010
Save The Date!
March 3rd - Title 1 Literacy Event 5:30pm
March 18th - Early Dismissal - A Day of Hope and Healing
DISTRICT CALENDAR SY2021-2022
Here is the direct link to the district calendar on the NHPS website. I have also provided a photo below.