6/14/16 GS Meeting Reminder & News
6/14/16 Meeting Reminder
We will be meeting this Tuesday from 6pm-8pm at St. Luke Joy Presbyterian Church 4301 NE Vivion Rd, Kansas City, MO 64119. A representative from Goodwill will be bringing drinks and pizza to celebrate our participation during the Goodwill service project. I have badges/patches to hand out to the girls. We will then discuss what the girls would like to do for their bridging party and then work on the next steps of our Bronze Project.
What to bring:
- Wear your vest or sash.
- Any research your daughter may have done for the Bronze Award.
- Is there anyone who would like to bring a special dessert to have with our Pizza Party?
Powerplay Party 6/27/16
- When: 6/27/16
- Time: 6pm dinner begins. We have the room until 7pm. In order to enter the banquet room you MUST purchase a buffet.
- Where: Powerplay Northland
- Cost: Free for each Girl Scout in the troop. I do need to know if any of your daughters would like to ride the Go Karts. For each additional family member who attends, it is $3.99 if you purchase only the buffet by telling them you are a member of their email club. If you wish to purchase the Powerplay pack that the girls are receiving it will be $22 per person (which includes the buffet). This package does not include the Go Kart price which is $5 if you or a family member wishes to do this. ***In order to enter the buffet area you must purchase a buffet.***
***Please RSVP by the 20th to let me know in advance if your daughter is planning to attend, if she wishes to ride the Go Karts, and if there will be any additional Powerplay packages/Go Karts being purchased for other family members.***
Horseback Riding Field Trip **for those who registered**
The troop has voted to go on a Horseback Riding field trip to earn their Horseback Riding Badge. The program would cover all steps of the badge. (ex: grooming, feeding, and riding to name a few). I have sent in a final head count to the facility. If you have not paid yet, you may do so at the troop meeting on Tuesday. Or you can make other arrangements with me.
- When: 6/17/16
- Time: 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Where: Woodson Hill, 7990 NW Mace Rd, KC, MO 64152.
- Cost: $15 per registered girl. The program per girl costs $35 and the troop agreed to pay $20 towards the cost of each girl who does this activity.
National Beta Sigma Psi Closing Flag Ceremony
Treasury Notes - through 6/12/16
- Current Balance: $4980.29
- Credits Rcvd in May: $143.00 (pymts rcvd for Day Camp Round Up and Horse Riding Field trip)
- Debits Rcvd in May: $674.35 (pymt to Day Camp for half of reg fee for each girl who registered $560; pymt to Day Camp Round Up $45; GS Shop - horse badges, independence badges, Cadette Book of Badges $69.35)
I will share the Finance Report once I turn that into Council (due end of June). Next month the parent committee (myself, Wendy W., Jennifer R., Barb S., and Sarah P.) will be meeting to put together the new budget for the next year which will take into consideration the things the girls wanted to do as well as basic troop expenses (camping, supplies, badges...just to name a few). Once that is put together I will share that as well.
Dates to Remember
- 6/14/2016 - GS Meeting
- 6/17/2016 - 5:30-8:30pm Horseback Riding Field Trip
- 6/26/2016 - GS Day at the K - 1:15pm (for those who purchased or earned tickets. This is not a troop event.)
- 8/7/2016 - National Beta Sigma Psi Closing Flag Ceremony 9am.
- TBD - Bridging Ceremony
- TBD - Annual Troop Camping Trip
Girl Scout Shop
Girl Scout Shop Summer Hours (effective May 31st):
Mon-Thurs: 9 am-4:30 pm
Fri: 9 am-1 pm
The Shop will be CLOSED for inventory July 14 & 15.
The Girl Scout Shop is located at 8383 Blue Parkway, Kansas City, MO 64133 or shop online at your convenience!
The following stores have been selected by Girl Scouts of the USA to provide you with official merchandise.
- Hy-Vee Gladstone, MO
- Hy-Vee Barry Road, KC, MO
- Hy-Vee Liberty, MO