November 9- 13, 2020
Upcoming Important Dates...
- November 9 Kdg. and ECSE In Person Learning Only
- November 9 Grades 1-5 Online Learning
- November 10 Grades K-5 (A-L) In Person Learning
- November 10 Grades K-5 (M-Z) Online Learning
- November 10 Pizza Kit Curbside Pick Up (4:30-6:00 PM)
- November 11 Grades K-5 (M-Z) In Person Learning
- November 11 Grades K-5 (A-L) Online Learning
- November 12 K-5 and ECSE all In Person Learning
- November 13 K-5 and ECSE all In Person Learning
- November 26 No School-Thanksgiving
- November 27 No School
- November 27 End of First Trimester
Please click here for a tremendous amount of information for parents.
School Breakfast and Lunch Information
School breakfast and school lunch will be served FREE to all students that are attending in person learning starting November 10th.
Parents may pick up breakfast & lunch for Saturday, Sunday and all closed school days every Monday from 12:00PM – 1:30PM at each of our high schools.
For our virtual learners and children under the age of 18 who are not being served daily in our buildings, we will continue to provide 7 days of meals, through pickup at our high schools every Monday from 12:00PM – 1:30PM until further notice.
Breakfast, Lunch, and Snacks
Students that need a breakfast may receive one each morning at school.
Students will go directly to classrooms each morning instead of going to the cafeteria on the way to their classroom.
Teachers will take a breakfast count and do a pre-count for the next day.
Breakfast will be delivered to the classroom for students.
Students will eat their breakfast in the classroom, with plastic dividers.
STUDENT SHOULD BRING A SACK LUNCH AND NO LUNCH BOX.
PLEASE PACK LUNCHES IN A DISPOSABLE PAPER BAG THAT CAN BE THROWN AWAY.
- We will run a typical lunch time procedure in the middle of the day
- Students will have a 40 minute time to eat and have recess. Students will eat for at least 20 minutes and have recess time for 20 minutes.
- Classes will be separated into two-three areas of our cafeteria and a classroom to eat lunch. The cafeteria will be divided into two rooms with our large divider wall.
- Each class will have tables designated for their class, including an allergy table
- Students will be seated with a seating chart at lunch for contact tracing purposes.
- Distancing will be practiced in each space.
- Students do not have to wear masks after they sit down to eat, but will wear a mask when transitioning to the cafeteria and out to recess. We have purchased a break-away lanyard for each student to clip their mask on when they take it off at lunch and recess.
- Students may also bring or use a plastic partition if needed.
- Students will go outside for recess at the end of their eating time in each area.
- Students may order a hot lunch or bring their own. Student may not share any food or other items.
- Our lunch staff will deliver hot lunches to each of these areas for students so there is not a large line up in the cafeteria.
Students will have a snack in their classroom.
Teachers will designate a snack time. Eating throughout the day (aka “grazing”) is discouraged.
Food allergies must still be accommodated.
Students will wash/sanitize their hands before eating snack.
They will take off their masks while eating. They will use plastic partitions in the classroom.
No class snacks and no sharing food.
As always, your child's teacher will notify you if your child's classroom has allergy restrictions.
PTA Pizza Kit Order Pick Up
This will be a curbside pick up of items. The pick up will begin at 4:30 PM and run through 6:00 PM in the Shamrock Drop Off lane in front of our school and near our Media Center entrance. PTA helpers will be there to get you your orders.
You do not have to get out of your car! Simply pull up, let the PTA helps know your name and information. They will get the kits to your car. Thank You!
A big THANK YOU to everyone who ordered kits. Together we raised approximately $3800.00 for our school. Our PTA is looking into future fundraisers during the course of the school year.
For Dublin's successful Pizza Kit fundraiser we earned 6 free pizzas from Little Caesars.
For every student who participated their names weree entered into a drawing to win a pizza. These will be handed out at the pick up on Nov. 10th.
The winners are: Logan Maday, Harper Weible, Marsden MacCarreall, Niko Petrovski, Larissa Fienman, and Eli Hempel.
PTA Membership Classroom Contest
The winning class was Mrs. Brown's second grade class. Mrs. Brown's students will each receive a new book purchased by the PTA as well as a classroom book for their class. Thank you to our PTA for purchasing these books for our students!
We still need many new PTA members at Dublin. Become a member of the PTA by signing up on MEMBER HUB or by completing the PTA Membership Form. Please click on the buttons below to join now!
Student Drop Off
We anticipate more students will be dropped off each day at school. It is VERY important that parents/guardians carefully read the following information to ensure a safe and efficient drop-off process.
Car drop-off will begin at the first bell - 8:50am. Doors will not open until then. Please plan your drop off accordingly.
DO NOT drop your child off early. Before school congregation is not permitted and supervision will not be available.
Parents will not be allowed to park and walk students up to the door to say their goodbyes. DO NOT PARK AND WALK STUDENTS TO DOORS! STAY IN YOUR CARS!
All parents and students MUST stay in their cars until they exit their car in the drop off line.
Children can be dropped off anywhere along the yellow curb (see image/map).
Please DO NOT wait until you get to the front of the line to let your child exit. This causes delays for everyone. Drop-off occurs anywhere along the yellow curb.
Children must exit their car on the passenger side. They must be able to exit on their own. Do not get out of your cars to open the car doors from the outside. This slows down our drop off process and creates a unsafe situation.
Staff will monitor the drop-off line and there will be plenty of staff to help your child (both outside the building and in the halls as they find their classroom).
Students must wear a mask during this transition and practice social distancing.
Students will go immediately to their classrooms.
Please Note: Parents/caregivers will NOT be allowed to enter the building or walk their child to their classroom. Our staff will be there to help and we’ll take good care of them!
As we have always had, Dublin will have a TIERED dismissal for the safety of all of our students. Our dismissal process is comprised of four tiers.
- Shamrock Pick Up
- Prime Time Care
We discourage any parent pick ups in our office at the end of the day unless there is an emergency or early release needed for an appointment. If you need to pick up your child from school for any reason at the end of the day, this must be done before 3:30 PM. After 3:30 PM, students will use one of the tiers of dismissal above.
We cannot have parents congregating in our main office at the end of the day.
- Parents who pick up their children before 3:30 PM must buzz in at our main office.
- Our secretaries will let the parent come in to our secure vestibule where there is a sign out book.
- Parents must sign out their child there.
- Secretaries will check ID.
- Your child will be called down to meet you there.
Students will not be called out of class after 3:30 PM. This is a disruption to our dismissal process.
- Parents must wear masks to pick up their children and must social distance in the vestibule or outside of our main office doors.
Our tiered dismissal will begin at 3:30 PM for now. This may go later as we get better at these new procedures.
1. Our Walker Students will be dismissed first and at approximately 3:30 PM. Our Crossing Guards will be instructed to meet students at the West and East Walker door entrances to assist students walking home. The West Walker Door Entrance is at our playground doors in the back of the building. Our East Walker Door Entrance is the Media Center doors in the front of the building. Parents may not gather at either of these entrances to walk with students. Parents should wait until our students have crossed Farnsworth or Union Lake Road to meet their children. Our crossing guards will assist our walking students. PARENTS CANNOT PARK AND WALK TO THE WALKER DOORS OR MEET STUDENTS AT WALKER DOORS. WE HAVE A STAFF MEMBER/CROSSING GUARD TO ASSIST STUDENTS.
2. Our Shamrock Pickup students will be called from classrooms. This process will begin at approximately 3:40 PM. Teachers will have a special web site on their whiteboard each day with a list of students being picked up. Students will be called down to the gymnasium area where they will exit on the side of our new gym. Parents should pull all the way up to the back of the building (see map) and students will come out to your car.
**PARENTS MUST HAVE A DUBLIN CAR RIDER SIGN IN THEIR CAR in order for your child to be dismissed to you. If you do not have one, you will be asked to park and go to our main office to get one. This is imperative for the safety of your child.
**Please click HERE to complete the Dublin Shamrock Pick Up form in order for us to get you a sign.
**Signs may be picked up from our main office.
3. Our Prime Time Care students will be dismissed at 3:50 PM to the cafeteria.
4. We will begin to dismiss our Bus Rider students at approximately 3:55 PM. We will call buses one at a time. Students will remain in classrooms until their bus is called. Teachers will supervise students in classrooms.
Please be reminded that our teachers will take AM and PM attendance as well as record tardies.
If your child will be absent or late, or will need to end the remote day early due to illness or a scheduled appointment, you must call the attendance phone line and leave us a message to tell us.
Every teaching and learning moment is crucial and we appreciate your partnership to ensure good attendance and participation.
We recognize that there will be a learning curve during these first few weeks and we promise to be flexible and understanding as we all become comfortable with the digital platforms of Google and Zoom.
Attendance Line: 248-956-3890
In an effort to help with technical issues that you may have at home while learning online, WLCSD has developed a STUDENT TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT REQUEST FORM. To help with technical issues, this should be the first step in letting us know the issue you are experiencing with technology at home. We can then help you as quickly as we can.
This form is always located on our Dublin web page under the FOR PARENTS tab.
There is a button below too!
How Can I Get a Chromebook for my Child?
Chromebook DISTRIBUTION is taking place at the Educational Services Center at 850 Ladd Road, Walled Lake, (turn in at the Water Tower off of Maple Road between Pontiac Trail and Ladd Road) Saturday, Aug. 29 and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, August 30.
Parents who previously ordered Chromebooks and have not heard yet, will get an email. Thank you for your patience.
Google Login Information
Families - You can now access your child’s Google login information via Skyward Family Access. It can be found on the Report Cards tab as the very top report. If you still do not see it, please use the emails below to contact our school. If you are a parent of a new Kindergarten student and don’t see your student login, please check back on Skyward in a day as we are continuing to process enrollments. Thank you!
Support our School!
Dublin Elementary is now set up on the Amazon Smile program, which
donates 0.5% of eligible purchases straight to our school!
Here's what to do:
1) Log on to http://smile.amazon.com/
2) Select Dublin Elementary PTA as the organization you are supporting.
3) Shop away!
Communication is Key at Dublin!
SKYWARD FAMILY ACCESS
It is critical that parents keep an updated email address and let us know if it changes as soon as possible. Parents may update this information for us on Skyward Family Access. All teachers at Dublin utilize Skyward Family Access to communicate with parents.Report cards, lunch account information, progress reports, attendance, and other important information will always be posted on Skyward Family Access. If you are a new family to Walled Lake Schools or have misplaced or lost your Family Access ID and password, please click HERE to get connected.
DUBLIN TIMES AND SCHOOL WEB PAGE
Our Dublin Times newsletter will be sent electronically to parents. An archive of newsletters will be posted to our school website. Our school website can be found HERE. Please visit this page often for information about our school. You will find links to important documents, websites and blogs from your child's classroom, PTA forms and information, and important updates and forms that you will need to access.
Please follow us on Twitter @DublinWL to be updated regularly on important events at our school and fun pictures of student events and learning!
OFFICIAL FACEBOOK PAGE
Please LIKE US on our OFFICIAL Dublin Elementary Facebook page! See the button below!
Dublin Contact Information
Principal's Secretary: DianeYanalunas@wlcsd.org