DID YOU KNOW?
A WEEKLY LIBRARY NEWSLETTER FOR TEACHERS
DYK... ProQuest's "History Study Center" is now LIVE?
Authoritative and engaging, the HSC provides a launching point for the study of world history from ancient times through today. HSC supports students preparing to complete the Advanced Placement U.S. History and Advanced Placement World History examinations and course work.
Simply log in to ProQuest Central Student to start using the History Study Center.
Off-campus? Log in required.
- Foreign Affairs: A leading forum for discussion of American foreign policy and global affairs published by the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR).
- History Today: A London-based and well-regarded history magazine publishing the world’s leading scholars on all periods, regions, and themes of history.
- Weider History Group: Seven popular history magazines including American History, Aviation History, and Military History.
Featured Scholarly Journals
- African Studies Review: Published by Cambridge University Press, the flagship scholarly journal of the African Studies Association contains the highest quality African studies scholarship in all academic disciplines.
- Digital Philology: A journal of medieval cultures from John Hopkins University Press, containing essays, manuscript studies, and reviews.
- Journal of Social History: Published by Oxford University Press, this top-ranked journal covers social history from all areas and periods.
- Journal of World History: Published by University of Hawaii Press, this journal presents research into historical questions on a global, comparative, cross-cultural, or transnational scale.
HSC Features & Tools
History Study Center provides the following features and tools:
- Article Text to Speech
- Language Translation
- Citation Generator (MLA, APA, Turabian)
- Citation Export to NoodleTools
- Integration with Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive and Google Classroom
- Responsive design, optimized for viewing on mobile devices
- Integration with Clever.com as well as Canvas and Moodle LMS
To use any of the above resources, simply go to ProQuest Central Student.
Off-campus login info for ProQuest
Need help using ProQuest? Contact Mrs. Diaz, the MHHS library tech, for assistance!